Industrial Promotion Services (IPS) is dedicated to promoting private sector entrepreneurship and building economically sound enterprises in the developing world.
IPS invests in projects within East Africa across a wide range of sectors, including: Food and Agro Processing, Printing and Packaging, Textiles, Leather processing, Pharmaceuticals, Power and Telecommunications.
Botanical Extracts EPZ Ltd
Botanical Extracts Epz Ltd is based at the Export Processing Zone (EPZ) in Athi River, Kenya and is part of Industrial promotional services.
It has invested more than fifteen years in the development of different products in East Africa.
We are seeking applications from qualified candidates to fill the position mentioned above:
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively and efficiently sources goods and services both locally and internationally, as per laid down procedures.
- Establishes quality & quantity specifications of the goods and services that are being utilized by company.
- Negotiates terms and conditions of purchase with various suppliers in liaison with the procurement committee
- Manages supplier/ customers relations; Monitoring market trends; Ensuring timely supply of quality goods and services that meet all specifications, company requirements and from approved suppliers.
- Liaises with respective suppliers, clearing and forwarding agents, transporters and regulating authorities such as KRA, KEBS and KPA for timely and effective delivery of materials.
- Implements procurement policies and ensures procurement processes are carried out per laid down procedures.
- Maximizes savings and benefits from procurement activities.
- Evaluates new suppliers of materials and maintains a list of approved suppliers ensures proper inventory records are maintained in the system.
- Provides leadership in the entire procurement and store function.
- Interfaces with departmental managers to plan and prioritize purchasing activities, reviews planned orders, creates requisitions for purchased items, and manages approval process. tracks orders, confirm system lead times, delivery dates, and costs.
- Ensures orders adhere to supplier agreements and contracts
- Reports nonconformities.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in procurement and supplies or any other related field.
- Have at least 4 years’ experience in a similar position in a busy environment.
- Have effective leadership and negotiation skills.
- Be organized and able to withstand pressure be flexible with a high level of responsibility.
- Have good interpersonal relations; and be a person of high integrity.
- Be proficient in MS office applications.
Applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, names of three referees, telephone contact, e-mail address and copies of certificates and testimonials should be sent to,
Botanical Extracts EPZ Ltd
P. O. Box 401-00204,
or by email to email@example.com