Vacancy: Sales and Marketing Manager
Job Ref: TWC/SMM/4
About our client: Our client operates in more than 150 countries. They provide specialised services in business travel management.
They are looking for a Sales and Marketing Manager to be based in their head office. The incumbent will be in charge of providing leadership and coordinating the company sales and marketing functions.
These includes developing and implementing sales and marketing strategies, monitoring and analysing sales and marketing activities against agreed targets.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. New business development and direct marketing
- Suggest viable target clients and industries, sourcing relevant data as necessary
- Approach potential clients through various channels
- Use knowledge of the Kenyan market to promote introductions and sales
- Participate in events that will promote the awareness of the company and its credentials
- Arrange and lead new business meetings, delivering sales presentation in a polished, professional manner
- Be familiar with the range of services offered by the company and understand how to identify client requirements that can be met by these services
- Work with the managing director and marketing team in the development of ideas for new services and new markets for existing services.
2. Proposals and order taking
- Adopt a consultative approach in working with clients to establish requirements and propose solutions, using technology to strengthen the services that the company is offerings
- Work with operations teams to cost and develop proposals for large complex accounts
- Oversee prompt production of fast quotes for regular clients
3. Client retention
- Maintain awareness of the company among existing prospects through periodic follow-up calls.
- Oversee production and distribution of alerts
4. Advertising and PR
- Analyse advertising opportunities and propose campaigns where strong Return on Investment (ROI) is expected
- Negotiate pricing with publishers, oversee copywriting and design of adverts
- Identify need for production of new marketing collateral and updates to existing materials; oversee production
- Identify public relations opportunities, develop relationships with journalists and submit press releases
5. Database Maintenance
- Ensure that new leads are added in a timely manner and integrity of data is maintained through regular cleaning
- Ensure that colleagues at all levels are following prospect tracking systems
- Review existing online marketing strategy, suggest and implement improvements
- Ensure the company’s website continues to rank on page 1 of all major search engines for targeted keywords
- Oversee updates and maintenance
- Review existing data collection systems, suggest and implement improvements
- Collate data on clients, enquiries, conversions and website activity analysis of customer research, current market conditions and competitor information
- Present monthly report to managing director, analysing past performance and proposing future activities and direction
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A business related course or Diploma in sales & marketing , advertising
- A minimum of 5 years progressive working experience in Service Industry
- Good communications skills both verbal and written
- Excellent negotiating and interpersonal skills
- Well organised and can manage a team
- Must have thorough drive, determination and be extremely well presented
- Honesty and demonstrate a high degree of integrity
- Analytical problem solving
- Travel industry background will be an added advantage
Remuneration: An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply, send your CV in word format with a recent photograph of yourself embedded in the top right hand corner.
Attach an application letter demonstrating how your skills, experience and qualifications are transferrable to the role.
All documentation is to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.
ONLY short listed candidates will be contacted
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||