Vacancy: House Mother
The responsibility of the House Mother is to provide personal care, ensuring good behavior and hygiene standards of children are maintained.
She is in charge of the welfare and well-being of children in the Children’s Home within the house and should aim at providing a caring, safe and happy environment.
She must lend an empathetic ear to children with problems or organize counseling services whenever necessary to make them feel loved, appreciated and at home
- Secondary school level education (KCSE) or its equivalent
- Experience working with children, especially infants and toddlers required
- Formal training in Early Childhood development / Knowledge about child development and appropriate practice is an added advantage.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, in English, Kiswahili and local languages.
- Well organized; able to plan and set priorities
- Basic counselling skills
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Easily makes rapport with children of all ages
- Able to relate with guardians in a professional way.
- Has ability to mentor and be of good example to children.
- Team-player, ready to help others
- Trainable, ready and able to learn
- Sensitive and understanding
Special Conditions: The role is residential where the housemother is expected to stay with the children day and night.
Interested applicants meeting the above criteria can apply before 22nd July 2016.
Kindly submit your application, resume and copies of certificates to email@example.com.
Only shortlisted persons will be contacted.