Reports To: General Manager
Job Summary / Objective: Manage relationships with Clients and Supplier accounts in a way that creates growth, continued satisfaction and retention of existing accounts.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Solicit new commercial and producer business, such as but not limited to agricultural, construction and Oil and Gas industry and General consumables,
- Perform market analysis to support the commodity trading decisions which maximizes profit potential while effectively managing the risk of our customer base,
- Execute exchange trades and over-the-counter futures and options orders, manage customer positions, delivery of future positions and option assignment for all assigned accounts and/or commodities.
- Develop and establish operational policies and procedures while acting as a liaison between the customer and Finance office.
- Analyze and communicate market conditions and provide consultation to customers using a variety of communication modes. Prepare and deliver presentations as assigned.
- Develop opportunities in commodity trading that gives the company a niche in a competitive market.
- Lead, manage and grow employees by providing technical leadership, employee goal setting and professional development opportunities.
- Oversee customer position reconciliation and budget input.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions,
- Design, implement and review effective new methods and tools to continuously improve company sales & marketing knowledge and understanding.
- Design appropriate market research projects that address key business issues. Present research results, translating statistical data into recommendations for internal stakeholders.
- Evaluate customer research, market conditions, competitor activities and implement marketing plans,
- Anticipate areas where there is a risk of dissatisfaction, identify actions and processes to implement to avoid problems, and validate them with the customers,
- Set-up the trading office from scratch and ensure that a strong business unit is established,
- Establish and manage al operations of the trading office including office set-up, establishment of systems, hiring and management of manpower, financial management etc,
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Management.
- Degree in Business Management or Sales & Marketing. Post graduate qualifications in Strategy or Project Management will be an added advantage,
- 10 years working experience in business operations, of which 5years should be in a management or commodity trading,
- Candidate MUST possess excellent computer skills,
- Candidate should understand the conditions and dynamics of EA Logistics/ Fleet issues and commodity trading,
- Candidate MUST possess excellent communications skills and interpersonal skills
- Perform a variety of duties often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure,
- Accept responsibility for and in teams,
- Relate to others in a manner that creates a sense of teamwork and co-operation,
- Maintain effective communication with colleagues, both junior and senior,
- Respond appropriately to environmental and safety hazards and function effectively in emergency situations,
- Utilize company systems effectively to ensure economical use of equipment and supply
- Be creative and innovative in minimizing costs,
NB: This is a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by the jobholder
Candidates who meet the requirements are required to apply via firstname.lastname@example.org.