Consolidated Bank of Kenya Limited is Kenya’s SME bank of choice that provides flexible financial solutions that support our customers in achieving success.
The Bank is well positioned, with presence in majority of the country’s business hubs to continually offer pleasant and convenient services.
We seek to recruit a qualified, experienced, competent and highly motivated individual for the following position:
Information Security Officer
Job Purpose: Reporting to the Information Security Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for identifying and assessing risks to IT infrastructure including: networks, computer installations, operating systems, remote access, and databases.
Core Duties & Responsibilities
- Recognize problems by identifying abnormalities and reporting violations.
- Achieve system security operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews.
- Implement an effective and efficient ICT environment that guarantees Networks and Systems security, and Data integrity.
- Resolve problems; complete audits; identify trends; suggest system improvements and implement change.
- Keep users informed by preparing and communicating system performance reports.
- Protect computer assets by developing security strategies, directing system control development and access management, monitoring, control, and evaluation.
- Bank wide review of security breaches as per policy guidelines.
- Advise management by identifying critical ICT security issues and recommending risk-reduction solutions.
Qualifications and competencies
- Holder of Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Management Information Systems or any related field.
- Professional Information Security qualifications as such Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA).
- Familiarity with Ms Windows, Unix, and Linux Operating, Databases and Virtualization technologies.
- At least 3 years’ experience in an IT environment, 1 of which should be in a Security role.
- Knowledge of Information Security Policies, Network Administration and Security, Firewall Administration, Network Protocols, Routers, Hubs, and Switches.
- Experience in developing Business Continuity Plans and Disaster Recovery Plans.
- Experience in designing and delivering employee security awareness training will be added advantage.
- Excellent communication, decision making, analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should forward hard copies of their applications, enclosing copies of their academic and professional certificates, detailed CV indicating work experience, daytime contacts and addresses of 3 professionally relevant referees to reach the undersigned by Friday, 5th August 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Head of Human Resources
P.O. Box 51133 – 00200
Consolidated Bank is an equal opportunity employer.