Consolidated Bank of Kenya Limited is Kenya’s SME bank of choice that provides flexible financial solutions that support our customers in achieving success.
The Bank is well positioned, with presence in majority of the country’s business hubs to continually offer pleasant and convenient services.
We seek to recruit a qualified, experienced, competent and highly motivated individual for the following position:
Network Support Officer
Job Purpose: Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing the development and maintenance of an efficient, reliable ICT infrastructure, networks (both LAN and WAN) and technical services support, including the optimum deployment and utilization of the client ICT resources.
Core Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide support on the configuration of ICT network systems and equipment; including hardware, peripherals, and software and ensure efficient performance and deployment of appropriate business and support services.
- Manage outsourced IT service providers’ performance in accordance with the agreed KPIs as per the SLAs.
- Manage the performance monitoring of ICT resources and perform advanced diagnosis and resolution of network infrastructure, software and hardware faults.
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications; monitor and maintain computer systems and networks;
- Troubleshoot system and network problems and diagnose and solve hardware or software faults and replace parts as required.
- Provide support, including procedural documentation instructions to repair a fault or set up a system;
- Support the roll-out of new applications.
- Set up new users’ accounts and profiles and deal with password issues;
- Provide technical support for people using the network and day to day administration and monitoring of network use.
- Provide up to date and consistently build specification and documentation for the core IT infrastructure and IT security infrastructure.
- Manage LAN and WAN infrastructure, including telephony (IP, E1 and VOIP transport) QoS, and VPN and ensure regular LAN/WAN infrastructure upgrade.
Qualifications and competencies
- Holder of Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Telecommunications & Communication or any related field.
- Professional technical qualification in CISCO, WAN/LAN technologies Or ITIL.
- At least 3 years’ working experience in a busy commercial IT environment related to planning, design, development, implementation and maintenance of LAN/WAN.
- Good understanding & ability to document business processes and workflows and their relationships to current and future software solutions.
- Sound judgement and ability to apply technical expertise to resolve a range of issues/problems and provide technical guidance to the users.
- Excellent communication, decision making, analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
Interested and suitably qualified individuals should forward hard copies of their applications, enclosing copies of their academic and professional certificates, detailed CV indicating work experience, daytime contacts and addresses of 3 professionally relevant referees to reach the undersigned by Friday, 5th August 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Head of Human Resources
P.O. Box 51133 – 00200
Consolidated Bank is an equal opportunity employer.