Kenya Youth Employment and Skills Program (K-YES)
Development of a comprehensive Behavior Change Communication strategy for Kenya Youth Employment and Skills (K-YES) Program
Background: The Kenya Youth Employment and Skills Program( K-YES) is a five-year program funded by USAID and implemented by RTI International and a consortium of partners that aims to enhance the employability of Kenyan youth (ages 18-35) with primary or some secondary education for increased wage and self-employment.
Specifically, the program will focus on nine counties – Bungoma, Garissa, Kericho, Kwale, and Nairobi in Phase 1 of the program, and Kisii, Migori, Nyeri, and West Pokot in Phase II.
KYWP activities are expected to result in increased youth workforce competitiveness and employment.
The K-YES Project RTI seeks to engage the services of a Communication Consultant / Agency, to develop and guide the implementation of a communication strategy.
The following is the scope of work for the consultant: In line K-YES objectives, this Communication Strategy should seek to strengthen existing relationships between K-YES and its current internal and external stakeholders, while creating new relationships with new stakeholders.
Purpose of the Assignment:
- To develop a comprehensive BCC strategy for KYES;
- The consultant will undertake a situational analysis; review of the ecosystem survey reports ; determination of key messages to disseminate to the target audiences; determination of appropriate media and channels for reaching the target audience for implementing BCC; designing options for creation, packaging and dissemination of various IEC materials.
- To clearly define K-YES identity to its internal and external stakeholders by planning and executing an Internal Communication Campaign and external Communication Campaign.
- To increase K-YES visibility and reputation to youth, youth work force partners and other development partners, donor community as an effective partner in the youth work force space
- To increase visibility of K-YES to potential financial partners by adequately communicating program results and impact
Qualifications and Experience:
- The consultant should have a post graduate degree in social sciences, communication or related discipline.
- Minimum 10 years of progressively responsible work experience in the planning and management of social development programs with practical experiences in the adaptation and application of communication planning processes to specific programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communication and interpersonal skills demonstrated by ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff, clients and consultants.
- Demonstrated ability to set and deliver on priorities
Level of Effort: 25 working days
Start date: 1st August 2016
How to Apply
To apply, please email cover letter and CV to KenyaYouthWorkforce@rti.org by 15th July 2016 at 5.00pm.
Applicants must include the, POSITION in the subject line of the email.
Please do not attach copies of certificates.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/