Job type: Full time
Duma Works is recruiting an ambitious Country Director for a fast growing company that produces and distributes clean and affordable charcoal briquettes.
As the Country Director, you will oversee a sales team, manage relationship with partners and explore new business opportunities. You will play a critical role in ensuring that we build the capacity of our team and drive the organisation towards financially sustainable impact.
The company is seeking an exceptional professional with 5+ years work experience, and a long term career interest in social enterprises and clean, renewable energy to serve in top sales, operations and execution job for a young and growing small company.
Key responsibilities and skills will include:
- Manage local staff
- Establish and implement policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with CEO, advisors, and other staff as necessary
- Provide strategic advice to the CEO and other stakeholders so that they will have accurate view of the market and the company’s future
- Communicate and maintain trust relationships with shareholders, business partners and authorities
- Act as the public speaker and public relations representative of the company in ways that strengthen its profile when necessary
- Analyze problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure company survival and growth
- Direct and coordinate the activities of the organisation including production, procurement, pricing, sales, and/or distribution of products.
- Handles logistics for distribution and delivery of products
- Oversee activities directly related to making products or providing services
- Locate, select, and procure merchandise for resale, representing management in purchase negotiations.
- Plan and monitor the day-to-day running of business to ensure smooth progress
- Achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully managing sales team
- Design and implement sales strategic plans that expands the company’s customer base and ensure it’s strong presence
- Seek out new sales leads for the organisation
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs
- Present sales, revenue and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to the management team
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status
- Own recruiting, objectives setting, coaching and performance monitoring of sales representatives
- Determine goods and services to be sold, and set prices and credit terms, based on forecasts of customer demand.
- Develop and implement product marketing strategies including advertising campaigns and sales promotions.
- Build new partnerships to strengthen the company’s position
- Maintain partnership relationships
- 3+ years of experience in some management or leadership level position in the private sector
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Experience leading a team
- Ability to solve problems and manage crisis calmly
- Collaborative and proactive work style
- We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service.
Compensation: Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with fast raises for performance, competitive stock options also available commensurate on performance.
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2277”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2277, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.
Deadline for receiving applications: 5th July 2016