- As a Customs Clearance Clerk you will work as part of a team and report to the Customs Manager.
- You will be involved in calculating and processing duties and taxes to be paid and may be required to sign documents under a Power of Attorney on behalf of clients. You will also pay, or arrange for payment of taxes and duties.
- Liaising with Customers.
- You will be entering details onto specialized customs software
- Allocating the correct license depending on type of goods being imported.
- The Customs Clearance Clerk can be involved in attending meetings with Customs Officials in the application of duty refunds and tariff reclassification as appropriate and will assist with any appeals that are forthcoming.
- You will be required to be fully conversant with import and export laws and regulations. You will be expected to maintain your understanding and keep up-to-date with changes as they occur, so as to be able to advise customers on import and export restrictions, tariff systems, insurance requirements and all other customs related matters.
- The Customs Clearance Clerk will post bonds for the products being imported or assist clients in obtaining bonds. You will also be required to prepare the necessary import documentation such as certificates of origin and cargo control documents.
- This job also requires you to liaise with officials in various agencies to ensure goods are cleared through customs or quarantine. You will also arrange for transportation, warehousing or product distribution of imported or exported goods and liaise with Freight Forwarders.
- Minimum college training in Freight Forwarding Industry
- Driving License
- Should be ready & flexible to travel at short notice
- Experience will be an added advantage
- Must be fully computer literate
- Personal Attributes
- Excellent communication Skills
- Team player
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to email@example.com marking the subject as “2297”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2297, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.
Deadline for receiving applications: 15th July 2016
N.B.* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over email or SMS. The test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
Duma Works is recruiting a Customs Clearance Clerk for our client; a logistics company licensed to carry out clearing and forwarding services, imports, transit, transport, warehousing and general commission agents.