Job Title: Sales & Distribution Manager – Kisumu
Salary: Kshs 130,000 – 150,000 gross
Our client is a newly established dairy / milk processing company with a capacity of 500,000 litres per day.
They are in the process of launching new products in the market and they seek to hire a Sales & Distribution Manager who will be responsible for developing and executing the annual sales operating plan while increasing sales volume, market share and profit within the region
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute the annual, Sales, Distribution and operating plan including the sales volume costs as well as distribution and profit objectives
- Develop strategies to achieve annual targets
- Communicate clearly the annual sales target and profit objectives throughout the sales function in the region
- Assess the Sales & Distribution system continuously and ensure continuous improvement
- Develop, execute and monitor sales related best practices
- Liaise with fleet maintenance to ensure the best allocation/utilization of the fleet in order to optimize product stock rotation
- Ensure that the sales force is supported (through regular coaching/feedback sessions and field visits) and provided with the necessary training
- Assist in the development of an organizational plan for the sales function including a succession plan for star employees for key positions
- Plan weekly visit to all distributors in all the sales channels in the region
- Build new client relationships offering the company’s product range and approve terms of business
- Working with the Marketing team on new product launches and variety of other market communications initiatives
- Receive weekly sales report with action plans for any individual outlet that is behind target from individual regional representatives.
- Prepare monthly regional penetration and sales uplifted report.
- Receive quarterly price surveys – wholesale buying and selling prices from the regions.
- Ensure development of close relationships with Key customers including regional key account staff, priority (emerging chain) staff, distributors, and other stakeholders relevant to the success of the Consumer business.
Skills and Qualifications required
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce/Management with a bias in Sales and Marketing;
- Must have prior or current sales and distribution experience in Kisumu; at least 2 years
- A 5 – 6 years’ experience of regional Operations in a company dealing with FMCG
- Knowledge of distribution channels is desirable, specifically in Mombasa
- Advanced computer skills including MS Word and MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and proficient use of the internet and email;
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to quickly understand and process operations data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Proven team work and leadership skills, and the ability to successfully build and manage a team and mentor all staff and agents in order to support professional development;
- Organized, systematic and process oriented with good administrative skills
- Flexible and resourceful; the ability to work under minimal supervision and willingness to be responsible for a varied set of tasks that will support the company’s growth and expansion
How to Apply
If you meet the criteria, possess the necessary qualifications and experience and you are zealous about key account management; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (FMCG Sales and Distribution Manager – Kisumu 130 – 150K gross) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 18th July 2016.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B – Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted