Our client, Daraja Microfinance Bank was licensed by Central Bank of Kenya as a community Microfinance Bank for the Dagoretti Division, since January 2015.
Daraja’s target market is the Micro and Small Enterprises (MSEs), their owners and employees with the underlying goal being to help both individuals and groups achieve their financial goals. As part of its strategic plan, Daraja Bank is seeking to go national to be among Tier 1 MFBs in Kenya.
They are seeking to recruit a highly talented professional to fill in the following position in their Nairobi office:
Human Resource Officer
The Human Resource Officer is for responsible for maintaining and enhancing the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing and evaluating human resources policies, programs and practices.
- Developing and revising/updating existing human resource policies and procedures based on arising needs, sensitizing staff and facilitating the implementation of the same
- Identifying staff vacancies and carrying out the whole process of recruitment to fill in these vacancies
- Implementing the in-house organizational plans and strategy on training and development needs
- Conducting orientation for newly appointed staff to foster positive attitude towards the organizational objectives
- Overseeing the process of performance management while adhering to the company standards
- Advising the management on sound employee relations strategies to ensure full compliance with legal requirements in line with the existing labor laws
- Maintaining the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions
- Facilitating staff development programs e.g. indoor trainings, mentoring, coaching and preparing training programs
- Designing and improving training courses and programs necessary to meet training needs or manage this activity via external provider(s).
- Assessing relevant training needs for staff individuals and organization in consultation with departmental heads
- Developing trainer development programs and coach others
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any relevant field
- A minimum of 4 years working experience
- Proven track record of having successfully trained a large work force
- Certificate on Training of Trainers is an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by 27th July 2016 stating their current and expected remuneration, daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.