Our client, De La Rue is the world’s largest commercial banknote printer and passport manufacturer and is a trusted partner of governments, central banks and commercial organizations around the world.
They provide market leading printed banknotes, banknote substrates and security features, commercial sector cash processing solutions among others.
They are seeking to recruit a highly talented professional to fill in the following position in their Nairobi office:
Quality Assurance Leader
Reporting to the Quality Manager, this is a position responsible for supporting Currency, Product Authentication and Service teams in building and maintaining effective systems that have direct influence on quality, cost delivery and safety measures.
The role will also support Operational Excellence requirements geared towards ensuring the functions deliver the quality requirements in line with the Built – In Quality strategy to deliver self-assessments, verification audits and improvements gap analysis for Built In Quality (BIQ) across processes and support functions.
- Supporting execution of new innovation milestone projects
- Carrying out equipment verification for capability through measurement systems and taking part and document incident management outcomes
- Managing Supplier Quality Assurance system of the incoming and outgoing quality inspections
- Ensuring and improving product and service quality through performance monitoring and analysis
- Liaising with Process and service functions, to document FMEA addressing the risks associated with the product/service/process.
- Ensuring that products or services are delivered in conjunction with the control plans and where required and ensuring compliance to APQP
- Working with the processes to deliver quality improvements projects and executing utilisation and accuracy of the QIS system
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems e.g. ISO 9001 and subsequent upgrades is an added advantage
- At least 4 years relevant work experience in a manufacturing set up, in a similar role
- Experience of exploring and negotiating quality specifications with external suppliers
- Proven experience in applying quality tools for continuous improvements and developing that capability in others
- Application of lean tools of manufacturing will be an added advantage
- Communication and problem Solving skills
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4th August 2016 stating their current and expected remuneration, daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.