Job Purpose: The Driver is responsible for the dispatch/delivery of products to the designated while ensuring that the products are maintained in good condition while in transit.
- Drive company vehicles and uphold all highway laws
- Ascertain that the assigned vehicle is in good working condition
- Maintain the daily and weekly checklist of the vehicle and ensure that any breakdowns or damages incurred are immediately notified and reported to the Management
- Ensure that the vehicle is road worthy with the relevant standard requirement needed for operations
- Coordinate and facilitate the transfer of goods on order from the finished goods store to the loading bay
- In liaison with the dispatch assistant, verify the amount invoiced tallies with the amount and quantity of the order
- Verify that all products are in good condition before loading and well arranged to avoid damages enroute
- Load the ordered goods to the vehicle and off-load the goods upon arrival to the destination
- Collect returns from shops and ensure that they have been received
- Collect payment from customers who pay on delivery
- Assist the Sales and Marketing team to load and offload their vehicle when they reach events
- Assist and coordinate with the Sales & Marketing team in executing their marketing and promotion activities and events
- Ensure proper sanitation is maintained in the premises and its environs
- Transfer finished goods from the production area to the finished goods area
- Execute administration and managerial duties; as assigned
- Any other duties not necessarily mentioned which are in line with your position as a Driver
- Ability to multitask and prioritise work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Time management skills
- Assertive and proactive and
- Planning, coordinating and organising skills.
- Mature with the ability to make decisions
Education and specialist Knowledge Required
- KCSE and/or a Diploma/Certificate in a relevant field
- Certificate of Good Conduct
- Valid driving license
Cover letter (maximum 2 pages) and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2309”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2309, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.
Deadline for receiving applications: 24th July 2016
N.B.* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS/email alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The questionnaire with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.