The East African Community is a regional intergovernmental organisation comprising the Republic of Burundi, the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of Rwanda, the United Republic of Tanzania, and the Republic of Uganda with its Headquarters in Arusha, Tanzania.
The EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social and cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production, trade and investments.
Duty Station: Arusha, Tanzania
Job Grade: P2
Job reports to: Principal Agricultural Economist
Job Purpose: To ensure increased animal production to match the requirements of the rapidly increasing human population and create surplus for export.
- Strengthen management of movement of livestock and livestock products;
- Establish and strengthen diagnostic research and vaccine production capacities;
- Establish regional mechanisms for disease reporting, surveillance, monitoring and control;
- Establish livestock identification and traceability mechanisms;
- Coordinate and harmonise vaccination programmes;
- Coordinate regional emergency preparedness;
- Review and harmonise policies, laws and regulations related to Trans – boundary Animal Diseases;
- Create marketing structures for livestock and livestock products; and
- Prepare relevant reports.
- Masters Degree in Veterinary Medicine, Agriculture, Livestock Management or an equivalent degree from a recognised University/Institution.
- 8 years of relevant experience, with 3 years at Senior level.
Education Qualifications: All candidates applying must have qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national accreditation body in their respective Partner State. This condition is applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
All professions that require registration with the specific professional bodies will be expected to do so in compliance with the requirements of their respective Partner States.
Relevant Work Experience: Internship, training and apprenticeship will not be considered as relevant work experience.
Interested candidates who meet the qualification and experience requirements for the above mentioned position are advised to send their applications, detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of academic certificates, names and contact details of three (3) referees, and a copy of National Identity Card, Birth Certificate or Passport showing the date of birth.
Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and the envelope.
Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than Monday 15th August 2016, 17:00Hrs.
- You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
- Applications which do not: indicate nationality and age; the reference number; an application letter attached; have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates; or fail to provide three referees shall be disqualified.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted
- EAC Staff Rules and Regulations prevent consideration of applicants above 55 years of age.
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
10th Floor PPF Tower
Cnr of Ohio Street & Garden Avenue
P O Box 1559 Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania
Fax +255(22) 2116379
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||