Excellent career opportunity exists at International Food Processing and Packaging Company in Nairobi, Kenya for a suitably qualified and experienced individual with a qualification in Environmental Science / Business / Commercial and / or Sustainability.
- Ensure execution of environment strategy and plans for the respective market company
- Drive recycling targets in the market company, by ensuring collection and recycling set up and participation in national waste organizations.
- Anticipate developments in legislation and in collection set-up/scheme. Identify opportunities for advocacy activities
- Secure favourable outcomes in regulatory developments and effective collection set-up/schemes (apply Tetra Pak environment advocacy guidelines and positions, request CLE/ GE support as appropriate)
- Proactively support communications function in driving an active environment communications towards all stakeholders. Manage and secure the accuracy and credibility of environment content.
- Drive partnerships with selected E-NGO’s and local bodies of interest
- Support cluster and market company organisation with relevant information on competition, retail, and other stakeholder environment operations
- Secure financial control and environmental reporting
- Ensure compliance to the Code of Conduct and to Environment policies and requirements from a regulatory and statutory point of view, including in factories
- Minimum 2-3 years experience, preferably in the Waste management, recycling industry.
- Qualification in Environmental science, Business/Commercial and/or Sustainability
- Ability to communicate with various levels (blue & white collar) of stakeholders in an Organisation
- Valid Driver’s license