A 3500 TCD sugar manufacturing plant located in Kwale with 18 MW Cogen is looking for a highly qualified and suitable candidate for the aforementioned position.
Job Summary: To operate the evaporator and all accessories related to the evaporator station in the sugar plant.
- Control evaporating equipment to concentrate suspensions solutions to specified degree in vacuum tanks or pans.
- Pump liquid into evaporator tank or vacuum pan.
- Operate machine switches to start vacuum pumps and maintain specified pressure.
- Operate valves to admit steam into evaporator chest, coils, tubes, or jackets
- Regulate steam input to maintain specified temperature.
- Test concentration of evaporated solution, using refract meter hydrometer, and adjusts feeds, temperatures, and pressure accordingly.
- Pump concentrated liquid to storage.
- Tend to auxiliary equipment, like settling tanks, preheating tanks, condensers, and cooling equipment.
- Supervise workers weighing mixing batches to predetermined formulas.
- Pump batch through sterilizer.
- Experience in sugar industry is must.
- Over five years hands on experience as an evaporator operator.
- Knowledge of computer application will be an added advantage.
- This challenging position will require a candidate with working knowledge of MS Office applications, proven ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision, high level communication skills, ability to prioritize workload, attention to detail and excellent organization skills.
- They should display professional demeanor with qualities such as strong work ethics, trustworthiness, and embrace teamwork.
To be considered, your application must be received on/before the 9th of July 2016.