Job Title: Program Officer
Position in the Organization: The Program Officer reports hierarchically to the Program Director (PD)
Purpose of the Job: To offer all-round support in standardizing reporting in each sector, disseminating donor policies, communication, strategy, proposal development and monitoring and evaluation.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
Key Result #1 – Reports and Administration- 25%
- Streamline and standardize filling and reporting in each sector and roll out the cluster manager’s scorecard.
- Ensure timely submission of quality donor reports and FH monthly and annual reports.
- Disseminate donor policies and regulations to managers and ensure better understanding and application of the same.
- Support the planning and coordination of joint FH Kenya program meetings and workshops
- Develop and disseminate reporting frameworks and guidelines for use by program staff and liaise with M&E to ensure timely monitoring and evaluation.
- In collaboration with the PD and cluster managers develop and maintain updated sector strategies that reflect FH’s vision, mission, values and Kenya country strategy
- Make regular field visits to follow up on programs progress and make recommendations on integration and strategic aspects to the Program Director
- Support cluster offices when there are leadership and capacity gaps
- Coordinate the proposal development process by gathering inputs and contributions from cluster managers, support services and the PD.
- Champion concept note and proposal development, grant amendments and reporting to donors
- Represent FH Kenya during donor and sector coordination meetings (at the Nairobi level) as assigned
- Provide support to identifying, pursuing and securing resources – local, private and government grants
- Monitor country trends and dynamics that would shape the future of FH Kenya’s programs and development work in general.
- Serve as point person for collecting success stories, documenting best practices and material for internal/external communication and also for marketing & fundraising purposes. This will include production of written stories, high quality images and basic video
- Coach program teams through practical sessions on story gathering, advocacy and dissemination
- Support PD in standardizing and promoting the Food for the Hungry brand in Kenya and beyond.
- In liaison with the country leadership, formulate and deliver effective, country communication strategies and related activities. This includes the development of a social media strategy for FH Kenya
- Update country web page and portal (FH Connect) with relevant country information
- Vibrant personal relationship with Christ
- Knowledge of relief and development strategies
- Practical experience in project cycle management
- Ability to travel (up to 30% per year, domestic travel)
- Must demonstrate interest and good communication skills
- Proficiency in MS office suite
- A minimum of a University degree and technical orientation in agriculture, livestock, child development, health and nutrition, HIV/AIDs and natural resource management.
- At least 5 years experience working at program management and coordination level
- Demonstrated experience in report writing, donor relations and communications
- Successful experience in proposal preparation and grant managementKnowledge of budget development and management of US government resources
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills including USAID related technical writing
- Proven strategic planning and program and project management experience in a humanitarian/development environment
- Extensive knowledge of project design and implementation
- Experience in proposal writing, budgeting and financial management
- Knowledge and experience working with other cultures and sensitive to the cross cultural issues.
How to Apply