Job Title: Food Processing Factory Manager – Tanzania
Location: Tanzania (Dar-es Salaam)
Salary: 2500 – 3000 USD
An upcoming Food Processing plant is looking to hire an experienced Factory manager to help them set up and run their food and beverage plant in Dar- es- Salaam, Tanzania.
The Factory manager will be tasked with overseeing and management all daily operations of the plant from production and manufacturing to ensuring policies and procedures are followed.
Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Implement strategies in line with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus and provide leadership to staff.
- Be actively involved in budget formulation and implementation as well as making forecasts on raw materials and ingredients requirements to ensure optimum stock and re-order levels.
- To undertake Production costing and implement cost optimization measures so as to ensure that the plant’s profitability is optimum.
- To undertake continuous quality control, management and improvement by adopting emerging trends and changes in response to the evolving quality systems.
- To develop strategies for establishing and developing the market share as well maintaining the Factory’s competitive advantage.
- To ensure health and safety provisions and regulations are complied with and the safety risks and hazards are mitigated.
- Ensure that the factory complies with Quality control standards such as Total Quality Management (TQM), the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and BRC Global Standard for Food Safety.
- Ensure that the Plant complies with local and international statutory and Regulatory requirements.
- Manage the manufacturing operations and ensure an Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) of 98% with an efficient maintenance schedule.
- Ensure the plant is compliant with the organic food processing requirements and is certified for international markets.
- Constantly undertake Monitoring and Evaluation to ensure that set goals and targets are met and correct any deviations if any.
- Carry out any other task as may be assigned by management from time to time.
Skills and Qualifications
- Masters Degree in Food Technology.
- 7-10 years work experience with 5 years as factory manager in a food and beverage plant.
- Experience dealing with export oriented frozen food (fruit and vegetables) or fruit pulping industry is a MUST.
- Hands on experience with quality systems such as BRC, IFS, ISO 22000 and good manufacturing practice (GMP) and techniques.
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Proficiency in MS office.
- Managing large teams of production staff and casuals
- Have a positive outlook and solution finder with ability to motivate and lead a team with a diverse skills base.
How To Apply
If you are up to the challenge, posses the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Food Processing Factory Manager) to email@example.com before Wednesday 13th July 2016
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV in our database nor for interviewing
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.