Girl Child Network (GCN) is seeking the services of a Resource Mobilization and Fundraising Specialist (RM&FS) to provide overall technical leadership for the Resource Mobilization and Fundraising Department.
The RM&F Specialist will provide expertise in the development and marketing of GCN Resource Mobilization and Fundraising Strategy, build capacities of stall and ensure that the organization has adequate resources to implement the approved strategic plan.
We believe that nurturing and caring for children especially the girl child is the cornerstones of human development and strong family foundation.
Purpose of the Post: Under the guidance of the Executive Director, the RM&F Specialist will be responsible for overall coordination, planning, development and management of a resource mobilization and partnership strategy to engage relevant partners, raise the necessary funds.
S/He will be responsible for the analysis and management of the relationship with private and global partners and of all fundraising channels and activities, ensuring engaged and long term partnerships as well as flexible and unrestricted resources for Girl Child Network.
Profile: Resource Mobilization and Fundraising Specialist, committed and passionate about environmental, child rights programming, human rights and community development issues.
Must have an outstanding organizational analytical and priority setting skills with excellent communication skills, able to engage with multilateral, bilateral, corporate and development partners.
The suitable candidate must have at least 5 years of relevant work experience at the national and international levels.
- Define GCNs donor relations strategy, including private sector and cause-related marketing, based on market intelligence
- Prescribe, lead and conduct market research and marketing initiatives to assess donor priorities and identify opportunities for resource mobilization
- Take lead in development and writing of highly competitive grant proposals
- Establish quality standards for proposals and concept notes and ensure achievement (through monitoring, Mentoring, coaching and training)
- Ensure communication and knowledge management are built into every project proposal
- Develop and maintain database of donors, project concept notes and project proposals
- Assess on a bi-annual basis GCN’s performance on project proposal development and approval
- Maintain project tracking system and ensure all donor funding requirements are met in any fundraising document
- University degree in community development, business development, Communication. International relations, Business Administration or any other relevant discipline
- Should have held senior managerial position with reputable organizations such as UN and other multinational agencies
- Superior knowledge of best practices in international donor relations and fundraising
- Proven ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously and to perform under pressure.
- Excellent negotiation, facilitation and conflict resolution skills
- A team player, with proven performance in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment
Duration of appointment: 3 years with a possibility of extension contingent upon performance, continued relevance of the position and available of resources
The position is based in Nairobi – Kenya.
Interested candidates who possess the required qualifications can send their hard copy applications with detailed CV and relevant credentials to the
Human Resource Manager
Girl Child Network
P.O. Box 2447 00200,
Applications for all the positions close on 25 July 2016 at 3.00 p.m.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.