Job Title: Grain Trading Merchant
Location: Nakuru County, Kenya
Profile Introduction: Our client, a leader in Agribusiness within the Greater East African region, seeks to recruit a self-driven individual to fill the position of Grain Trading Merchant.
The successful candidate will be tasked with sourcing grain from large scale farmers; generating revenue from producers; developing and managing long-term relationships as well as a stakeholder engagement.
The Grain Trading Merchant will also sell the client’s full range of products, services and solutions.
The successful candidate will have the following primary responsibilities:
- Sourcing for high quality grain from farmers throughout the year;
- Managing supply chain logistics;
- Providing accurate inputs to crop forecasting model;
- Advising producers on market trends and opportunities;
- Analysing and Managing producer risk exposures within limits as defined under authority;
- Relationship and Brand Management in the Agricultural Industry;
- Ensuring Due Diligence and Corporate Governance while contracting;
- Seeking additional revenue opportunities with producers ;
- Timely and accurate reporting of all transactions.
- Customer Focus and Relationship building;
- Leadership capability;
- Drive for Execution;
- Stakeholder Management
- Business degree from a recognized university;
- 5- 8 years working experience in Agribusiness preferably grain sourcing;
- Understanding and working knowledge of the Agricultural Industry especially Grain selling;
- Possess a valid driving license
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge apply through www.altimaafrica.com/careers.php before 5PM, Friday 5th August 2016.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.