Job Purpose: Reporting to the Group Chief Financial Officer and working with finance teams across the group, the successful applicant will be responsible for all aspects of financial & regulatory reporting, financial controls, financial systems management, financial process improvement / projects implementation and cost optimisation.
- Prepare the Group’s financial statements and consolidate for reporting to local management, review of per product and line of business profitability, scorecard reporting;
- Manage group wide reporting calendar and co-coordinate with external auditors and publishers to ensure timely completion;
- Coordinate the annual audit process with the external auditors and tax consultants;
- Report on the financial position of the Group highlighting significant areas that require intervention for senior management and Board of Directors
- Prepare half yearly and annual financial press releases;
- Prepare annual returns and accounts to the regulator ensuring compliance to the Insurance Act and any other regulation;
- Control and review the financial statements for each subsidiary, monitor the risks and work with the subsidiary financial managers and other relevant functions (Tax, Transfer Pricing, Legal and Treasury) to institute remedial actions;
- Review subsidiary financial statements, scorecards and audit schedules;
- Review changes to accounting policies with both the auditors and the management;
- Coordinate reporting on working capital metrics and drive improvement of free cash flow via influence over business and operations teams;
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions;
- Contribute to effective expense management across the Group;
- Drive process efficiency in accounting practices; and
- Monitor balance sheet integrity through regular review and testing
- Champion group wide financial controls and coordinate establishment and execution of financial controls and procedures with subsidiary financial managers and manage the controls program;
- Conduct an assessment of internal controls for all business units and departments to identify deficiencies;
- Work with internal audit and external auditors to documents control weaknesses and lead implementation of remedial actions;
- Ensure actions from all Board audit committees are followed up and implemented in a timely manner;
- Champion a review of subsidiary finance processes and align to the finance target operating model including validation of processes changes; and
- Manage the schedule of approval mandates for payments, banks relationships and financial contracts to ensure that they are timely reviewed and approved by the Board of Directors
- Support the financial planning and budgeting processes by providing accurate and comprehensive financial information including preparing financial forecasts (income statements, balance sheets, cash flow projections, budget-to-actuals/forecasts and key financial ration); and
- Conduct in-depth financial analysis and providing expert financial perspective and opinions that comprehensively assess risk, analyse efficiency and inform policy decisions made by executive management.
- Active participation in implementation of the target Operating Model to attain both short term and long term cost efficiencies;
- Participate as the finance champion in key projects to ensure that the financial impact, risk and controls are comprehensively assessed, evaluated and addressed;
- Lead the development of robust business cases and financial models for assessing viability of new initiatives; and
- Undertake projects and address specific financial issues that frequently arise.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or its equivalent from a recognised institution
- CPA (K) / ACCA or its equivalent from a recognised institution; and
- Member of Institute of Certified Public Accountants or a relevant professional body will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of six years relevant experience.
- Strong technical accounting & IFRS reporting knowledge and experience in handling statutory reporting and group consolidation in a publicly listed company preferred;
- Insurance industry experience (general & life insurance and reinsurance) with an in-depth understanding of relevant regulatory requirements;
- Excellent grasp of working capital management and tax matters;
- Knowledge of internal control principles and demonstrated ability to define and implement a controls framework;
- Strong management and experience of leading technical accounting teams;
- Strong communication and negotiating skills, able to communicate effectively across all levels;
- Confidence to challenge the status quo with an experience in influencing and driving change;
- Track record of managing companywide process improvement initiatives (financial processes initiatives such as standardisations, automations, outsourcing, system upgrades/implementation or chart of accounts will be a plus);
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and analytical skills;
- Experience working in a controlled and deadline-driven environment; and
- Working knowledge of a diverse financial systems
If your career aspiration matches this exciting opportunity, please submit your detailed CV and covering letter to reach us on or before Thursday 21 July at 1600 hours addressed to Head of Executive Search and Selection, thinkPeople Consulting Limited, through email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||