- Manage the development and implementation of an internal risk based audit strategy and annual plan for the group.
- Plan and conduct audits to assess controls, operational and technical efficiencies and compliance with selected policies, procedures and regulations.
- Develop the Group’s risk management framework and monitor the risk maturity and ensure this is reflected in the strategy.
- Keep abreast of legislative issues, new audit regulations/trends and appropriate audit direction / methodology.
- Conduct periodic training workshops to promote awareness of internal controls and discuss changes in policies that will impact the Group.
- Provide an objective and evidence based annual opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of all aspects of the Group’s governance, risk management and internal control and draft an annual governance report.
- Prepare and present accurate internal audit reports for consideration of the shareholders
- Report on internal control issues and the implementation of the internal audit plan to shareholders
- Attending to any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelors’ degree
- Professionally qualified (ACCA / CIMA / CFA/ CA).
- 5 to 7 years financial experience, through public accounting/auditing and/or industry experience.
- Ideally trained/worked with big 4 firm
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports
- Knowledge of enterprise risk management and internal controls
- High initiative.
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken English)
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Good interpersonal skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbal) with all levels within the Group.
- Unquestioned personal integrity with strong ethics and values.
- Ability to stand firm on difficult issues when required.
- Capable of working independently and with minimum supervision.
- Logical approach to identifying and evaluating issues and problem solving.
- Well-developed organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple assignments.
- Displays awareness of the need for confidentially in sensitive matters.
- Demonstrated job commitment and personal flexibility to meet changing expectations.
- Commitment to self-development and expansion of knowledge.
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills.
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2319”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2319, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.
Deadline for receiving applications: 10th Aug 2016
N.B.* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over email or SMS. The test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.