The Heritage Insurance Company (K) Ltd is a member of Liberty Group and a leading insurance Company with a legacy of providing superior services to a wide spectrum of clients since 1976.
We have received AA – rating, the highest international rating awarded to a Kenyan insurer.
The Company also won awards at the 2015 Annual Insurance Awards – Corporate Social Responsibility, Fraud Detection & Prevention and Risk Management.
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced individual to fill in the following position:
Job Title: Actuarial Supervisor
Main Purposes of the Job: The Actuarial Supervisor will assist in providing actuarial skills in Valuations, Asset-Liability management, Business analytics and Strategy execution towards achieving the goal of profitability and risk management of the organization.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Actuarial Valuations: Calculate the technical reserves using appropriate actuarial methodology, for financial reporting, regulatory reporting and group reporting.
- To make recommendations to existing products based on market needs, existing product performance, and competitor analysis, in order to increase sales volume and profitability.
- Product development: Design, price and set-up product in the administration system and also ensure the relevant actuarial product sign-offs are obtained.
- To extract and analyze data for the purpose of conducting optimal actuarial analysis.
- To conduct Experience Analyses for the purpose of valuations, product development, risk management and management information.
- To perform required actuarial and other analyses for management reporting, and make recommendations to support these analyses.
- Prepare Industry analysis and peer review to provide market intelligence.
- To perform calculations in relation to Asset Liability Matching (ALM) and solvency assessment of the Company, that is used as input for risk management.
- To prepare dashboards and disseminate for purposes of management information and risk management.
- Regulatory Compliance: Ensure regulatory actuarial reports for both quarterly and annual reporting are prepared and submitted.
- To perform Expense analysis
- Project involvement for running projects that may require actuarial input.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Key Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Personal Competencies
- BSc. Actuarial Science, Statistics, Mathematics or related qualification.
- At least ten credits or passes in professional actuarial examinations from a recognized examining body
- At least 2 year prior experience in an actuarial environment, preferably in General Insurance
- Demonstrate to have held a similar leadership role
- Proficiency in Excel and Word Programmes
- Must be a Team Player;
- Must have sound analytical ability
- Maintain high standards of professionalism and ethics
If you believe you are the right candidate, please email your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 22nd July 2016.