Duma Works is recruiting a Field Sales Executive for one of our clients; a leading company that specializes in supply to the hospitality industry.
Position Overview: The Sales Executive is responsible for the continuous attainment of the company’s revenue target in the assigned region through constantly identifying and securing new clients as well as maximizing sales from the current clients.
Being the Sales Executive, you are Directly Accountable for;
Sales Generation and Conversion
- Achieve set sales target from the assigned region continuously.
- Research, Identify and secure new clients or marketing opportunities from the assigned region.
- Cold calling to arrange for meetings with potential customers to prospect for new business.
- Creating detailed proposal documents, often as part of a formal bidding process that is largely dictated by the prospective customer.
- Maintain all clients through proactive communication with the client and ensuring that all queries, complains are promptly attended to. Send than you notes after every visit.
- Acting as a contact between a company and its existing and potential customers.
- Ensuring Accounts are paid or settled on time and in full by the existing customers.
- Following up on client orders and escalate any bottle necks being experienced.
- Ensuring that samples requested for are delivered in a timely manner to the client and follow up to ensure they are returned or paid for as provided for in the policies and procedures.
Planning and Development
- Assists in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed.
- Participate in analysis of sales performance for informed management decisions.
- Gathering market and customer information and providing feedback on future buying trends.
- Conduct frequent Product Brand feasibility and provide accurate feedback to the management.
- Analyzing the market environment i.e. analyzing other competitor’s prices, the amount of demand and supply in the market.
- Advising on forthcoming product developments and discussing special promotions.
- Initiates and coordinates development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
- You may also be involved with identifying new markets and business opportunities.
- Reviewing your own sales performance, aiming to meet or exceed targets.
- Ensure that all actions are guided by the company’s policies and procedures.
Administration and Reporting
- Prepare and send quotation on the same day they are received.
- Liaise with the Customer Care team to ensure requisitions are prepared in a timely manner.
- Liaise with Operations to ensure accurate information on the expected delivery dates is well communicated to the client.
- Preparation of weekly sales activities and route plans and presenting them to the Sales manager
- Preparing sales reports in the approved formats.
- Provide on-the-job training to new sales employees.
- Prepares action plans for effective search of sales leads and prospects.
- Account for all monies issued by the company for the execution of one’s duties.
- Perform other related duties or assignment as directed.
- Dealing with Internal and External customers to improve business profitability.
- This position may be assigned to support a Client account relations role.
Key Skills and Abilities
- Degree or Diploma in sales & marketing or Hospitality Management preferably from a leading institution such as Strathmore university.
- 3-4 years’ experience in sales which should be in the hospitality industry.
- Those with a background in food & beverage will have an added advantage.
- Ability to work and contribute in a team.
- Proven ability to meet sales targets.
- Good presentation skills.
- Must be a strong “people person” with excellent communication skills; a positive, persuasive personality.
- Very aggressive and passionate.
- Be very honest.
- Able to build client relations.
- Flexibility to travel.
- Able to do follow ups.
- Competent computer and database skill
- Male candidates are urged to apply.
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to email@example.com marking the subject as “2289”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2289, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.
If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Any applications without a Motivation Letter will not be considered.
Deadline for receiving applications: 16th July 2016