Our client a fast growing hotel, situated in the suburbs of Nairobi, is seeking to recruit a Hotel Operations Supervisor to join their dynamic team.
Location: Kitisuru, Nairobi
Summary: To ensure the proper execution of Front Desk, Housekeeping, Laundry, Maintenance and Food Service standards.
- Establishes standards for personnel administration and performance, service to patrons, room rates, advertising, publicity, credit, food selection and service, and type of patronage to be solicited.
- Plans dining room, bar, and banquet operations.
- Allocates funds, authorizes expenditures, and assists in planning budgets for departments.
- Requisitions supplies and equipment.
- Processes reservations and advance registration payments.
- Inspects guests’ rooms, public access areas, and outside grounds for cleanliness and appearance.
- Answers patrons’ complaints and resolves problems.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations
- Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service Balances team and individual responsibilities
- Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities
- Inspires and motivates others to perform well
- Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities
- Improves processes, products and services.
- Understands business implications of decisions
- Works within approved budget.
- Is consistently at work and on time
- Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner.
- Observes safety and security procedures.
- A four year college degree and experience in the hospitality industry
- More than two years experience in a management capacity within a service organization.
- Knowledge or formal school courses of basic Accounting and Finance principles.
- Ability to communicate in a professional business setting both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to operate a personal computer within a Windows based platform. Interpersonal communication abilities (people skills).
- Experience in supervision of 5 or more employees.
- Experience in cash and credit card handling.
Correspondence: Applications and detailed CV to be submitted online at http://goo.gl/T8sryH
Applications not meeting minimum requirements will not be considered.
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||