Title: HR Director
Job Scope: Togo, Nigeria, Senegal and Rwanda.
Location: Kigali – Rwanda
The HR Director Africa would have overall responsibility in supporting all regional HR activities and HR managers in Africa.
Specifically, the HR Director would have the following responsibilities:
- Supporting local HR in Rwanda in implementing Company global HR policy and HR obligations in Rwanda
- Coordinating identification of recruitment firms at regional level to optimize costs and efficiency
- Challenging evaluation of needs and optimizing the organization with Business leaders
- Improving recruitments with local employment contracts, reducing number of expatriates, building transfer practices between African countries
- Supporting operations and local HR in completing vacant positions in short delays
- Compensation and Benefits
- Ensuring fairness and competitiveness of local compensation and compliance to local rules
- Implementing and maintaining all necessary social coverages (health, insurance, medical evacuation…) to guarantee to our employees the necessary assistance
- Ensuring compliance with employment local regulation, including labor law, payroll tax, in relation with external counsel and other service providers
- Developing and documenting employment policies and procedures in the region and managing business compliance with these initiatives.
- Ensuring that all Corporate procedures, process and tools are implemented and effective in all countries in the region HR Reporting and organizational planning for the region.
- Supporting global communication for management and employees
- Coordinating development of efficient training plans that answer to Business and individual current and future needs. Following up there realization. Aligning training initiatives with those at a global level.
- Participating in creating teams in new markets and federating new joiners on our client mindset and practices.
- Building and mentoring the regional HR team currently consisting of HR managers and administrators Togo, Nigeria, Senegal and Rwanda.
- Minimum 10 years’ international corporate experience with at least 5 in International
- Human Resources, preferably in the international power sector
- Experience working in a fast-paced organization where hand-on skills are required at all
- levels of the organization.
- Experience with startup and set up of new companies and all other generalist areas of HR
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- Must be willing to travel regularly internationally, mostly in Africa.
- Position located in Kigali (Rwanda), with frequent business travels in Kibuye
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Power Point
- Must be fluent in English and ideally French
Compensation: A competitive compensation package will be offered to qualifying candidates.
How to Apply
If you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the role above, please send your application letter accompanied by your CV, citing the relevant job being applied for to firstname.lastname@example.org