We are a leading insurance services company, a wealth management company represented in 16 African countries. We use our knowledge and action to guide our customers on their journey to financial freedom.
We believe in responding to the changing consumer and market needs through innovative solutions and technologically efficient processes.
To help us advance this goal, we are seeking a talented, self-motivated and skilled individual of high personal integrity to fill the position below.
Business Systems Analyst
Job Summary: The Business Systems Analyst will be responsible for ensuring business requirements are met through secure & optimized business processes and systems.
The job holder will report to the Manager ICT.
- To spear head the analysis of existing systems and business processes, recommend new systems or modifications to existing ones to meet changing user needs.
- Ensure that problems with Business Applications are logged with the software vendors and followed through to resolution.
- To apply best practice management , mitigation of risks and resolution of issues in a timely manner to ensure high system availability
- To build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in order to facilitate the achievement of set objectives
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive security policy for all business applications in the company.
- To facilitate planning, design, documentation and implementation of various systems to meet business requirements while identifying alternative and emerging technologies and impact to the business.
- Provide leadership & mentoring to Analyst/Developers to ensure effective delivery on mandates.
- Conduct and document results of regular audits on network and system utilization to ensure compliance with approved policy at all times.
- To facilitate the update of core business applications to ensure value to business is realized and change management process is adhered to.
- To analyze issues raised by systems users in order to determine the most appropriate solutions and initiate corrective action.
- To manage projects through all its stages, including implementation, execution and change management.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Bachelors Degree in IT or Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or its equivalent
- SDLC certification
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in busy environment with practical experience in the design, development & implementation of business solutions.
- Team management skills and a great team player
- Knowledge of Windows Operating Systems
- Practical skills on MS SQL, Net, SAP
- Knowledge of mobile & web development platforms & applications
- Troubleshooting & Problem solving techniques
- Experience in change management principles and practices
- Good analytical skills
If you meet the above requirements you are encouraged to forward your application and updated CV to email@example.com on or before 13th July 2016 clearly state the job title on the subject heading.
Kindly indicate your current and expected salary
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.