International Medical Corps
Job Title: Nutritionist (1) – Garissa County
Scope of Work – Essential Duties
- Provide technical support to Ministry of Health in the implementation of quality Nutrition interventions at the community level
- Promote and support training of the Health workers and nutritionist and build the capacity of all the Nutrition partners based on the mapping and understanding of available capacity
- In close collaboration with Nutrition program manager link and cooperate with the MOH and partners in joint supportive supervision activities and ensuring quality nutrition data reporting, according to MOH standard requirements
- Ensure that the Nutrition interventions are in line with existing policy guidance, technical standards, and relevant Government strategies
- Advocates the mainstreaming of nutrition in county Programming frameworks such as CIDP, CHSSP as well as relevant national programmes
- Support community level interventions and liaise with community strategy focal and CHEWs in promotion of health and nutrition messaging through community units and other key community influencers
- Represent International Medical Corps in sub county health and nutrition meetings and maintain good working relationship with partners at the county and national level
- Identify core advocacy concerns, including resource requirements, and contribute key messages to broader advocacy initiatives for the county
- Provide written reports and discuss with program managers on the Nutrition performances , main challenges and lessons learnt
- Participate in compilation of quality programme documents, reviews (proposals, monthly and quarterly reports, briefs, lessons learning and case studies)
- Supporting planning, M&E, and logistic systems with regards to nutrition activities.
- Support in the development of the project’s SBCC, community level activities and communications content materials in close collaboration with key actors in the county.
- Strengthen integration of nutrition component into other sectors as appropriate
- Assist in monitoring the nutrition situation in the County, including participating in nutrition assessment and surveillance as required.
- Support in Developing an exit, or transition, strategy for establishing effective MOH coordination and implementation strategy
- Must have a Minimum qualification of Degree in nutrition and /or proven technical and administrative skills
- Registered with the relevant professional body.
- At least over 2 years working with NGOs/ UN agencies in complex emergency context.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in emergency nutrition program in a limited resource setting.
- Strong negotiation and representational skills.
- Excellent team building, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in nutritional surveillance, report writing, monitoring and evaluation.
- Computer literate
Qualified and interested candidates to submit applications BY E-MAIL ONLY which should include:-
(1) Application Letter;
(2) Current C.V. with telephone number and e-mail address;
(3) Three referees with contact telephone numbers and e-mail addresses not later than 29th July 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put the Job title as the subject.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Based on the urgency of the filling the position shortlisting will be an ongoing process.