Duties and Responsibilities
- Duties and responsibilities at his level will entail: assessing, planning, implementing nursing interventions and evaluating patient’s outcomes;
- Diagnosing common health conditions; providing appropriate healthcare service including Integrated Management of Childhood Illnesses (IMCI),
- Integrated Management of Adolescents and Adulthood illnesses (IMAI),
- Immunization and reproductive health, providing health education and counseling to patients/clients and community on identified health needs.
- Implementing recommendations from research findings for improvement of care; referring patients and clients appropriately; facilitating patients’ admission and initiating discharge plans;
- Maintaining records on patients/clients health condition and care; ensuring a tidy and safe clinical environment; conducting assessment of school health needs; planning, implementing interventions and preparing periodic reports; identifying occupational health needs; and making recommendations; and conducting clinical teaching and assessing nursing students.
- Be a Kenyan citizen
- Be a diploma/degree/certificate holder from a recognized medical institution
- Be in possession of Kenya certificate of secondary education (KCSE)
- Must POSSESS a valid practicing license from the nursing counsel of Kenya or any recognized body by the government of Kenya
- Have interpersonal and good communication skills to clients, patients and the members of health staff
- Knowledge of computer is an added advantage
- Job experience for the last two years is a prerequisite
- Must have trained in BemONc/ FP/ FANC package, and ready to handle reproductive health emergency when it occurs most,
- Knowledge of recognition of early danger signs of pregnancy and able to refer immediately to the next level for action is paramount for this position
- Can work under extreme and unfavorable condition /ready to work anywhere in Turkana county with minimal preference for work environment
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
IRC leading the way from harm to home.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact Talent Acquisitions at IRCrecruitment@rescue.org. As required by law, the IRC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with a known disability.
(IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment
processes. In the event that you receive any request for payment of any
sort, please get in touch with us on Tel: +(254-020) 2727730, Email:
IRCKenya@rescue.org or report to the nearest police.
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Nurses – Lodwar
Employee Type: Regular
Employee Category: Full Time
Job Purpose / Objective: A nursing officer is expected to conduct, carry out assessment of school health needs; planning, implementing interventions and preparing periodic reports; maintaining records on patients/clients health history, personal and health
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail: assessing patients and clients and establishing health care needs; planning and implementing nursing care interventions based on patients’/clients’ health needs; providing ante-natal care, delivery, referring patients and clients appropriately; evaluating healthcare outcomes on patients/clients preparing individualized reports; making appropriate discharge plan appropriate healthcare service, including immunization, condition/care;’ ensuring a tidy and safe clinical environment; ensuring safe custody for in-patients belongings; conducting home visits, following up discharged patients/clients and providing continuity of care; and treating minor ailments.
Duties and Responsibilities