Job Title: IT Application Developer
Job Category: Full Time Contract
Salary Range: Kes 10,000 – 25,000
Short Description: The position holder will focus on software development. He/she will build and maintain Websites, Web Applications and Mobile Applications.
The position holder will demonstrate the ability to create products that meet client’s needs.
- Planning and prototyping new applications;
- Designing the architecture of the components of an application;
- Deciding on the best technologies and languages for the project;
- Testing sites and applications in different browsers and environments;
- Problem solving;
- Fixing bugs in existing projects;
- Testing new features thoroughly to ensure they perform the correct task in all cases;
- Running performance benchmarking tests;
- Reviewing colleagues’ code;
- Building and testing Application Program Interfaces (APIs) for applications to exchange data;
- Researching, incorporating and contributing to Open Source projects;
- Meeting designers, developers and project staff for progress updates;
- Gathering requirements from clients and users;
- Learning and testing new technologies, frameworks and languages;
- Staying up to date with new trends and advancements in web development;
- Building and maintaining databases;
- Refactoring and optimising existing code;
- Documenting code so other developers can understand and contribute to it;
- Attending and speaking at web development conferences and workshops;
- Designing information architecture within an application or website.
- Diploma in Business Information Technology/Systems or Diploma in Computer Science or Diploma in IT or any equivalent qualification.
- At least 1 year working experience in a busy application development environment.
- Computer literate. Certificate in computer packages.
- Self-motivation and a competitive, results-driven attitude;
- Passion, dedication and focus;
- A good level of technical understanding with enthusiasm for new technology and its commercial uses;
- Attention to detail;
- Logical approach to problem solving;
- Ability to work independently and in mixed teams;
- Experience of development methodologies (like agile and waterfall);
- Ability to manage a complex range of tasks and meet deadlines;
- Good communication skills.
Other Benefits: The position holder will be entitled to a revenue share of 5% for every project successfully deployed to the customer.
About EtagService: ETAG SERVICE is a Kenyan ICT firm embracing the use and implementation of technology for the fulfillment of individual, corporate, social and business needs. The company provides comprehensive information systems (IS) consultancies that enable clients to utilize information technology (IT) for efficiency service delivery. The company is currently operating in Kilifi, Mombasa and Nairobi counties of the republic of Kenya.
ETAG SERVICE is an equal opportunity employer. The company guarantees fairness during the entire recruitment process. The company does not request at any stage of the recruitment, money to paid for any fee or service. The entire recruitment process is free of charge. Likewise, the company does not offer any payments to applicants for any kind of facilitation.
How to Apply
To apply for this job, please send in your cover letter and CV to email@example.com
You may also drop your application by hand at:-
Kilifi Biashara Building, Along Biashara street – next to Apache Restaurant.
1st Floor Suite No: 21.