Job Title: IT Sales & Marketing Officer
Job Category: Full Time Contract
Salary Range: Kes 10,000 – 25,000
Short Description: The post holder will conduct sales and marketing functions of the company and liaise with the Business Administrator to execute the business functions.
The post holder should be able to: –
- Give detailed information about technical specifications and the ways in which they could meet a customer’s needs. This should include ability to provide eloquent demonstrations of the company’s products to potential clients.
- Respond to pre-qualification questionnaires and then replying to more detailed information to tender documents.
- Execute actual sales involving negotiating commercial agreements to the benefit of both the company and clients.
- Receiving and logging technical faults and maintenance issues and working with technical colleagues to resolve the said issues raised. Ensuring clients are happy by reviewing product utilization and also to advise clients on the best standards of operations.
- Understanding customers’ diverse, specific business needs and applying product knowledge to meet those needs;
- Ensuring quality of service by developing a thorough and detailed knowledge of technical specifications and other features of employers’ systems and processes and then documenting them;
- Cold-calling in order to create interest in products and services, generate new business leads and arrange meetings;
- Identifying and developing new business through networking and courtesy and follow-up calls;
- Preparing and delivering customer presentations and demonstrations of the software, articulately and confidently;
- Marketing and promoting a portfolio of products by writing and designing sales literature and through attending industry events;
- Maintaining awareness and keeping abreast of constantly changing software and hardware systems and peripherals;
- Developing effective sales plans using sales methodology;
- Providing technical advice to customers on all aspects of the installation and use of computer systems and networks, both before and after the sale;
- Advising on software features and how they can be applied to assist in a variety of contexts, such as accounting, manufacturing or other specialist areas;
- Meeting sales targets set by managers and contributing to team targets
- Networking with existing customers in order to maintain links and promote additional products and upgrades;
- Handling hardware or software problems and faults and referring on to specialist technical colleagues
- Responding to tender documents, writing proposals, reports and supporting literature;
- Managing workload in order to organise and prioritise daily and weekly goals;
- Contributing to team or progress meetings to update and inform colleagues.
- Diploma in Business Information Technology/Systems or Diploma in Business Management with IT or Diploma in Computer Science or Diploma in IT or Diploma in Business Administration or Diploma in Sales & Marketing or any equivalent qualification.
- At least 1 year working experience with an exposure to sales and marketing in the IT industry.
- Computer literate. Certificate in computer packages
- Self-motivation and a competitive, results-driven attitude;
- Passion, dedication and focus;
- A good level of technical understanding with enthusiasm for new technology and its commercial uses;
- Stamina, resilience and the ability to work well under pressure;
- Articulate and confident presentation skills and professional telephone manner;
- Time-management skills and the ability to prioritise;
- Attention to detail;
- Persuasive and influential verbal communication skills;
- A strong team spirit;
- Business awareness;
Other Benefits: The position holder will be entitled to a revenue share of 5% for every lead converted to a customer.
About EtagService: ETAG SERVICE is a Kenyan ICT firm embracing the use and implementation of technology for the fulfillment of individual, corporate, social and business needs. The company provides comprehensive information systems (IS) consultancies that enable clients to utilize information technology (IT) for efficiency service delivery. The company is currently operating in Kilifi, Mombasa and Nairobi counties of the republic of Kenya.
ETAG SERVICE is an equal opportunity employer. The company guarantees fairness during the entire recruitment process. The company does not request at any stage of the recruitment, money to paid for any fee or service. The entire recruitment process is free of charge. Likewise, the company does not offer any payments to applicants for any kind of facilitation.
How to Apply
To apply for this job, please send in your cover letter and CV to email@example.com
You may also drop your application by hand at:-
Kilifi Biashara Building, Along Biashar street – next to Apache Restaurant.
1st Floor Suite No: 21.
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||