Kenya Association of Music Producers (KAMP) and Performers Rights Society of Kenya (PRISK) are Collective Management Organizations (CMOs) licensed by the Kenya Copyright Board under Section 46 (2) of the Copyright Act 2001 to represent producers of sound recordings and performers of audio and audio-visual works respectively.
KAMP and PRISK are both mandated to collect license fees from public users of sound recordings and audio-visual works and distribute royalties to their respective rights holders In accordance with Section 30 (A) of the Copyright Act, Cap 130, Laws of Kenya.
The holder of this position will report directly to the IT Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing data validation, issue identification and issue resolution
- Mapping out the conceptual design for a planned database; considering both back-end organisation of data and front-end accessibility for end-users; refining the logical design so that it can be translated into a specific data model; further refining the physical design to meet system storage requirements;
- Performing extracting, importing, and exporting of data in various database applications. Assist in implementation, testing, and validating data and software systems. Perform data analysis of key problem areas to assist in root cause analysis.
- Auditing data on a regular basis to ensure data integrity and quality. Perform data reconciliations to identify data anomalies.
- Assisting with on-going data architecture processes, maintenance, back up and security of organization’s data.
- Performing data quantitative and qualitative analysis. Escalate data issues needing process re-engineering. Assist in preparation of data reports, training materials, business presentations, publications, marketing collaterals, and other educational materials. Train staff and business as necessary on data operational activities.
- Coordinating with other departments on various aspects of licensing, membership and distribution data as well as aid in data research and data support requests
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Assisting IT manager with organizational wide technology assessment, planning, research, development and write detailed documentation of technology system and end user applications
- Tasks as assigned by the IT Manager. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
- At least a Diploma in Computer Science, computer technology, Information Technology.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to manage projects and self-motivated
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy with multiple data elements
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Skills in designing and development of well structured, maintainable database solutions
- Information Systems, Understanding of structured query language (SQL), knowledge of ‘relational database management systems’ (RDBMS), Excellent in Microsoft Office, excel, macros and SharePoint
- Knowledge in MSSQL server and azure cloud services.
- Active Directory
- End user support and training
- High degree of accuracy working with multiple forms of data
- Ability to read, manipulate and analyse databases in various formats
- Ability to multi-task and perform well under deadline pressures
- Strong skills in time management and setting priorities
- Proactive, quick learner, willing to take ownership of assignments and see through to successful completion
If you meet the above requirements, kindly send your resume and application letter to the address below.
All applications must be delivered on or before Wednesday 13th July 2016 at 05.00pm.
The subject of the email should be IT ASSISTANT INTERN.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.