The Position: Reporting to the Capacity Building Manager, the jobholder is responsible for Farmers’ mobilization, organization and capacity building for financial inclusion aimed at increasing incomes and strengthening their skills knowledge and social capital required to achieve sustainable economic self-sufficiency.
- Mobilization and management of farmers groups, producer organizations and farmers cooperatives
- Capacity building and strengthening of farmers groups, producer organizations and cooperatives for financial inclusion
- Promotion of sustainable agriculture practices, soil and water conservation measures, diversified cropping, animal husbandry, promotion of micro enterprises and related activities.
- Conduct trainings and events in the areas related to agribusiness development, sustainable agriculture and micro enterprises
- Support integration of KCB Commercial agriculture products and services amongst the farmers and within farmer organizations
- Coordinate with concerned government departments and leverage necessary support for the project.
- Establish linkage with key stakeholders and farmers’ institutions at various levels
- Timely project documentation and reporting
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- University Degree preferably in Agriculture economics, Agribusiness, Development. Professional qualifications in Training, Capacity Building will be an added advantage.
- Have at least 4 years’ experience working in agricultural value chains strengthening and development
- Have at least 2 years’ experience working in training and capacity building activities.
- A thorough knowledge of Retail Banking products and services, and extensive Banking Industry knowledge.
- Excellent high quality interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills with the ability to network and develop strong business relations
- Excellent communication skills, with a track record of delivering client pitches as well as writing and preparing presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish new client relationships and generate new business.
- Should have excellent, influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to positively and clearly communicate with a variety of constituents.
- Excellent planning, problem solving, strong analytical skills and a high attention to detail.
To be considered your application must be received by 22nd July, 2016
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.