The Position: Reporting to the Head of Project, the jobholder is responsible for effective and continued fundraising to augment emerging gaps in the projects for sustainability.
- Develop strategies to expand funding and support from current partnerships and explore successful pitches in the various project sectors and deliver agreed fundraising activities.
- Maintain an external orientation and a high tempo of external contact with prospective and current partners.
- Ensure the effective management of relationships between KCB Foundation and partners.
- Continuously review and develop the relationship management strategy through industry research and understanding of trends.
- Work with the Head of Project and the Communications Officer to develop partnership management and reporting structures for effective partnership communications & management.
- Develop and refine reporting to partners that maintains quality relationships.
- Provide proactive support, information, advice, leadership support and guidance to staff and external partners/providers in relation to fundraising.
- Manage multiple priorities and work as an effective, willing and contributing member of a small team.
- Attend and participate in events, conferences, workshops and meetings that are relevant to KCB Foundation’s fundraising strategy.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- University Degree preferably in Business/ Marketing or any other relevant field. Master’s Degree and/or Professional qualifications in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Have at least 6 years’ experience in fund raising.
- Experience in managing a portfolio of agricultural chain programs in a team management role.
- Experience in managing a portfolio in the corporate sector in a business development space.
- Experience with building and managing strong client and stakeholder relationships.
- Experience with program planning management and monitoring
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish new client relationships and generate new business.
- Should have excellent, influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to positively and clearly communicate with a variety of constituents.
To be considered your application must be received by 22nd July, 2016
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.