Head of Program
Reporting to the Group Chief Operating Officer (GCOO), this position is responsible for implementing an innovative digitally driven agriculture value chain program across Kenya and Rwanda aimed at extending the frontier of mobile banking to rural areas as well as targeting smallholder farmers, farmer producer organizations, pastoralists and associated value chain actors.
The program will enhance financial inclusion and improve livelihood status of smallholder farmers and pastoralists.
- Design and drive an effective strategy, business model and customer value proposition that focuses on building and deepening relationship with existing and new profitable agri-business customers.
- Deliver in the inception phase a detailed program strategy and business plan within 3 months. As the project scales, manage effective program relationships with technical partners, consultants, donor and across KCB business units.
- Provision of strong project leadership skills to manage the agro business portfolio, and be responsible for ensuring that the programs are implemented with sound managerial, technical, financial and human resources.
- Deliver new and existing product development, customization and amendment for the chosen segment. Will also review product line utilization and income generation.
- Manage key resources in agri-business development, digital finance, analytics and business intelligence, partnership development, knowledge management and capacity building in Kenya and Rwanda.
- Provision of thought leadership on digital financial services and applied product innovation.
- Implement effective governance and compliance controls to minimize segment risks including overseeing design, documentation and adherence to effective corrective and preventive measures and procedures. Monitor the operations of such procedures and ensure compliance with local, industry and global standards and regulations.
- Track, monitor and report on program progress to various stakeholders.
- Provision of expertise in the standards and orientation in the financial inclusion space.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Advanced degree in Business, Technology, Agribusiness or other relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in technology and financial services related role at a strategic leadership level.
- An entrepreneurial mindset to anchor all elements of the program both from a commercial and development perspective.
- Should be an informed opinion leader and the go-to person in the agribusiness field and or value chains.
- Have a deep understanding of mobile banking ecosystems and evolving innovation in Kenya and Rwanda.
- Have a good grasp on innovations in leveraging data to create customer and business value in financial services.
- Strong market orientation, entrepreneurial, financial analysis skills and innovative thinker.
- Experience leading and managing high caliber multicultural teams, preferably some experience with managing remotely.
- Track record of building and managing strong client and stakeholder relationships.
- Experience managing complex, multi-disciplinary, and challenging field operations.
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving, consensus building, and coordination of diverse stakeholders.
- Knowledge of donor regulations and procedures preferred (added advantage).
- Verbal and written fluency in English (French is an added advantage).
- Demonstrated capacity to produce high quality reports and proposals.
- Results driven with previous successful experience mentoring and building capacity of staff.
- Proficiency in MS Office especially Excel and Power point.
If you meet the requirements and wish to consider this career opportunity please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5th August 2016
KCB IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER