Kenya Nut Company Ltd is seeking a Livestock Manager for our meat production arm – Morendat Beef
The Livestock Manager will be mandated with ensuring production of superior, flavoursome beef through rearing of the Company’s herds
The Manager will be responsible for:
- Directing & coordinating livestock farm activities, such as breeding, rearing, maintenance, feedlot management and shipment of livestock.
- Planning & implementing policies and procedures to attain profitability and ensure compliance with Government regulations
- Preparing breeding schedules based on customer orders, market forecasts and available facilities and equipment.
- Examining livestock for illness or disease and either advising designated personnel of action to be taken or securing veterinarian services.
- Inspecting facilities and equipment to ensure compliance with sanitation standards and to determine maintenance and repair requirements,
- Preparing farm activity reports such as livestock production, slaughter, fodder production and storage.
- Researching technical literature for data on breeding. rearing, habits, feedlot, diseases and treatment of various animals.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Production or General Agriculture
- Post-graduate training in the related field will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience in feedlot management and management of big herds is an added advantage
- Personal attributes: good communication and interpersonal skills, team player.
Please send your CV and credentials- quoting your current salary package to email@example.com with the subject line “Livestock Manager Application”
The deadline for applications is 15 August 2016
Shortlisted candidates will hear from us by 1st September 2016.