Kenya Reinsurance Corporation Limited (Kenya Re), is a leading reinsurer and is listed at the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE).
It is ISO 9001: 2008 Certified and is rated B+ by A.M Best and AA by the Global Credit Rating Company (GCR).
Kenya Re now seeks to recruit and fill the following position:-
Assistant Manager, Corporate Affairs
Assistant Manager, Corporate Affairs
Ref No: KRC/HR/2016/15
The main purpose of this role is to assist and coordinate the running of the corporate affairs department.
The job holder will be responsible for creating and communicating a favourable public image of Kenya Re and will be reporting to the Manager, Corporate Affairs
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Support and participate in the writing of effective press releases and statements, public notices and prepare information kits for media;
- Facilitate the production of statutory reports and other Information Education and Communication (IEC) materials including the Corporations in-house magazine publication and design through graphic design;
- Draft corporate speeches and arrange interviews and other forms of contacts for them;
- Support in the implementation of the Corporation’s communication approach with the media and other electronic and digital communication platforms; and use these relationships to enhance the Corporation’s brand and mandate;
- Facilitate media visits to Kenya Re functions and other operational facilities/areas, as well as media monitoring and reporting;
- Support in the activities of external stakeholders (private and public) and departments that develop and implement communication strategies and information programs touching on the Corporation’s mandate;
- Supervise and review the activities of staff in the department;
- Participate in the segmentation of Kenya Re’s stakeholders groups and audiences, determine the best way to communicate publicity information to them, and develop and implement a communication plan;
- Coordinate protocol and reception of all the Corporation’s visitors and assist in analysis of visitors records;
- Assist in monitoring and evaluating attitudes of various publics and providing appropriate advise to the Corporation;
- Maintaining information data and photo library.
- Support in developing and maintaining the Corporation’s corporate image and identity, which includes the use and application of Kenya Re’s logos and signage;
- Support other Corporation functions to drive staff engagement in the Kenya Re brand by developing internal communications strategies;
- Participate in drafting and managing the Corporate Affairs budgets and work plan;
- Support in evaluating the Corporation’s advertising and multimedia programs for compatibility with corporate affairs efforts; and
- Participate and support in the co-ordination of the Corporation’s Corporate Social Responsibility programmes.
- Applicants should be holders of a Bachelor’s Degree in communications, journalism, public relations or other relevant field from recognized institution(s).
- They should be holders of a diploma in journalism, public relations, or any other relevant field with five (5) years relevant work experience two (2) years of which must have been in a managerial position in corporate communications, public relations or journalism in a large organization.
- In addition they should be holders of a diploma in graphics design.
- They should be members of the Public Relations Society of Kenya (PRSK) or Marketing Society of Kenya (MSK) and have excellent written and verbal communication skills; be highly analytical, assertive and a team player. In addition they should have negotiation and lobbying skills; be attentive to details, accurate and a keen observer, highly organized with good time management skills; have IT proficiency with qualifications in graphic design.
How to Apply
Kenya Re is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, colour, race, religion, natural origin, age or physical disability.
An appropriate remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidates.
Applicants should post or email as attachments their CV and cover letter quoting the relevant Job Ref No. and outlining how they meet requirements for the position to:-
The Human Resource Manager
Kenya Reinsurance Corporation Limited
P. O Box 30271, 00100 GPO
Closing Date: 29th July 2016
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||