The Kenya Veterinary Board (KVB) is a Statutory Board overseeing the training, practice, registration and licensing of veterinary surgeons and veterinary paraprofessionals and also matters relating to animal health and animal welfare as mandated by the Veterinary Surgeons and Veterinary Paraprofessionals Act, Cap 366.
The Board is seeking to engage an experienced and highly motivated person to fill the position of a Chief Executive Officer who will be based in Nairobi.
The position will be for a three year contract period renewable once subject to performance.
The successful candidate shall be offered a competitive remuneration package in accordance with State Corporations Advisory Committee (SCAC) guidelines.
Job Description: Reporting to the Board, the Chief Executive Officer will provide dynamic leadership to the Board and be responsible for the day to day operations.
The CEO will be the Secretary to the Board and the Registrar.
Main duties will entail:
- Formulation and dissemination of Board policies, programs and strategic plan
- Coordinating the implementation of the Kenya Veterinary Board’s strategic plans and realization of its objectives
- Overseeing the preparation and implementation of the performance systems and contracts of all divisions
- Financial, administration and human resource management
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Veterinary Medicine (BVM) or equivalent from a recognized University
- Have a Master’s Degree in any field of Veterinary Medicine or a Master’s Degree in a relevant management field
- Be registered by the Kenya Veterinary Board
- Have served in the field of Veterinary Services (public or private) for at least fifteen (15) years, three (3) of which must have been at a senior management level;
- Provide proof of having undergone training in Strategic Leadership or Advanced Management course lasting not less than one (1) month
- Have met all the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya;
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of national goals, policies and development objectives, and ability to translate them into veterinary policies, programmes and projects.
- Demonstrate high degree of professional competence and affiliation to a recognized professional body
How to Apply
All applicants should submit copies of clearance certificates from the following institutions:
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Criminal Investigations Department (CID)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Interested and qualified candidates should apply and attach six (6) hard copies of certificates and testimonials and detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating current position, qualifications, work experience, current remuneration and names of three referees with their telephone contacts to the address indicated below marked “CEO/1” to be received on or before 15th August, 2016 at 4.00p.m.
ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kenya Veterinary Board
P.O. Box 513-00605
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||