- Organize and host meetings and provide incentives for conferences and exhibitions at the Convention Centre:
- Develop and implement the national meetings, incentives for conferences and exhibitions strategy, in collaboration with the Tourism Board upon consultation with the relevant stakeholders:
- Market the Convention Centre, in collaboration with the Tourism Board;
- And perform any other functions that are ancillary to the objectives and purpose for which the Convention Centre is established.
To advise and facilitate the effective provision of legal services as well as professional advice on Governance issues to the Board and Management.
- Provide guidance to the Board members on their duties and responsibilities and on matters of governance.
- Assist the board in carrying out the following:- Board induction and training, updating the Board and Committee charters, Preparation of Board work plans, Board evaluation, Governance audit and implementation of the code of conduct and ethics.
- Ensure the timely preparation and circulation of board and committee papers and minutes.
- Maintain and update the register of conflicts of interest.
- Ensure that Board members are aware of all relevant laws affecting the organization.
- Facilitate effective communication between the organization and the shareholders.
- Ensure that annual returns are promptly filed with the relevant authorities.
- Except in exceptional circumstances, ensure that Board and Committee papers are circulated in advance of any meeting.
- Bachelors Degree in law (LLB) from recognized institution.
- A diploma from Kenya School of Law.
- Certified Public Secretary (CPS K).
- Masters Degree will be added advantage
- Minimum of 10 years of post-qualification experience in a busy legal office.
- Must be an advocate of the High Court of Kenya.
- Must have a valid Practicing certificate.
- Must be computer literate.
- Certificate of good conduct from Directorate of Criminal Investigation.
- Tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
- Clearance certificate from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
- Clearance certificate from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
Applicants who meet the minimum requirements should submit a written application and up-dated Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com by 29th July, 2016
The Managing Director
Kenyatta International Convention Centre
P.O Box 30746-00100
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kenyatta International Convention Centre is an Equal Opportunity employer; persons with special needs that meet the requirements are encouraged to apply.
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||