Principal Legal Officer
Broad Function: Reporting to the Manager, Legal and Regulatory Affairs, the successful candidate will be responsible for management of contract administration for KTDA Holdings, its subsidiaries and managed factory companies.
- Drawing of contracts, lease documents, loan agreements and other legal documents.
- Ensuring that contracts, leases and legal documents have been prepared in the proper manner and that the relevant registers are updated.
- Maintaining records of contracts, leases, loan agreements and the covenants therein.
- Drafting and reviewing legal documents and contracts.
- Providing timely information on renewals or termination of agreements.
- Liaising with external lawyers on legal matters for and against the Group Companies.
- Taking minutes for KTDA Holdings’ subsidiaries and committee meetings.
- Facilitate conveyancing transactions involving purchase or sale of land by KTDA Group and Factory Companies;
- Participate in the co-ordination and preparation of legal opinions to the KTDA Group and Factory Companies;
- Assist in negotiation, review and drafting of documentation for business transactions;
- Participate in the co-ordination and preparation of legal opinions to the KTDA Group and Factory Companies
- Monitor and report on compliance risk
- Supervise Legal Assistants
- Performing any other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor of Law (LL.B) degree from a recognized university;
- A Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Studies from the Kenya School of Law
- Registered advocate of the High Court of Kenya – Six (6) years standing;
- Certified Public Secretary (CPS (K)
- Current Practicing certificate
- Demonstrate good grasp of Commercial law, the Constitution of Kenya and other relevant national laws;
- Should have thorough knowledge of the tea industry and agricultural sector as well as knowledge of regulatory requirements affecting the sector;
- Exposure to IT packages
- High levels of integrity and confidentiality
- Excellent leadership skills and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent networking, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||