Placement and Career Services Officer
The Placement and Career Services Officer will be the head of the Placement and Career Services Department and will be answerable to the Secretary of the Board / Chief Executive Officer for the overall management and administration of the department.
- Co-ordinate compilation of declared capacities of technical programmes in Universities and Colleges;
- Liaise with the Kenya National Examination Council regarding acquisition of K.C.S.E. registration and results data, for uploading and updating of the Placement Service MIS;
- Implement the policies and decisions of the Board on placement and career guidance;
- Develop, review and publish handbooks on placement and career guidelines with information on available programmes, their costs and the areas of study prioritised by the Government for use by schools, students and other stakeholders;
- Develop structured career mentorship linkages and partnerships with other Government agencies, County Governments, education sector players and corporate institutions;
- Prepare periodic reports on placement and career guidance;
- Advise on internship and career mentorship programmes;
- Plan and budget for the department; and
- Supervise and coordinate staff development and performance appraisal in the department.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must:-
- Have served in the grade of Placement and Career Services Officer for a minimum of five (5) years with hands on experience in a leadership and management position preferably in admissions and enrollment processes in the Higher Education Sub-Sector;
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Developmental Studies, relevant Social Sciences or equivalent qualification from a recognised institution.
- Possess a relevant Master’s Degree;
- Be proficient in the relevant computer applications; and
- Have demonstrated a high degree of professional competence and ability in the administration and management of the placement and career mentorship function as reflected in work performance and results;
- Have met the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity. Applicants should have clearance certificates from the following bodies; Kenya Revenue Authority, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission, Higher Educations Loans Board, a Licensed Credit Reference Bureau and the Director of Criminal Investigations.
Interested applicants should post or hand deliver their applications in sealed envelopes clearly marked with the position applied for and reference code to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service
ACK Garden House, 3rd Floor, 1st Ngong Avenue, Community
P. O. Box 105166-00101,
Or Email to email@example.com with the reference code and the position applied for as the subject line.
The Placement Service is an equal opportunity employer.
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||