Our client a medical health centre in Nairobi targeting the urban poor communities is in the process of increasing its service delivery effectiveness.
This has necessitated the need to urgently hire Lab Technician whose details are described below.
Vacant Position: Lab Technologist
Reporting:Administrator – Head Office
Liaison: All Department
Job Summary: The Incumbent Laboratory technologists’ specific function is to conduct laboratory tests which aid in diagnosis, disease detection and treatment of diseases
Duties and responsibilities;
- Responsible for sampling, testing, and analyzing results and other bodily fluids that are crucial to the detection, diagnosis, and treatment of disease
- Prepare standard volumetric solutions and reagents to be combined with samples, following standardized formulas or experimental procedures.
- Set up, adjust, maintain and clean medical laboratory operating standard laboratory equipment.
- Prepare and maintain reports for different tests, and ability to keep record of all patients with their tests. Knowledge of principles and processes for providing patients’ services.
- Provides all the necessary technical support to enable the laboratory to operation effectively.
- Consult with a pathologist/physician to determine a final diagnosis when abnormal cells are found.
- Following and ensuring strict safety procedures and safety checks.
- Ensuring the laboratory is well-stocked and resourced;
- Keeping up to date with technical developments, especially those which can save time and improve reliability;
- Carry out any other duties assigned to you by your supervisor.
Expectations and accountability
- To professionally and diligently carry out specified tasks as agreed and periodically reviewed by the supervisor
- To participate in team work to achieve the organization’s goals and mission
- Adhere to the organization’s policies while upholding integrity
- Prepare to adapt to changing environment to support the team in a professional atmosphere
- Provide advice to the Management and Directors on concerns or issues related to the organization’s performance and growth and how the organization can support your role
Requirements & Key Competencies
- At least a Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology from a recognized institution
- At least 3 years’ experience in operations in a busy medical laboratory setting
- registered laboratory technician with Kenya laboratory technician & technologist board
If you are interested and qualified please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the job applying for in the subject of the email.
Closing date for application 27th July 2016
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted