Vacancy in Kenya Semi-Arid Livestock Enhancement Support (K-SALES) Project
Land O’Lakes International Development Division has applied, since 1981, an integrated approach to international economic development that capitalizes on our company’s 90 years as a leading farm-to-market agribusiness.
We use our practical experience and in-depth knowledge to facilitate market-driven business solutions that generate economic growth, improve health and nutrition, and alleviate poverty.
The Kenya Semi-Arid Livestock Enhancement Support (KSALES) project is helping to create a more inclusive, competitive and efficient livestock sector by reducing drought-related losses, building the technical capacity of value chain actors and reducing marketing inefficiencies in six semi-arid counties in Kenya – Meru, Tharaka Nithi, Kitui, Machakos, Makueni and Taita Taveta.
Position: Water and Infrastructure Officer, KSALES
Reporting to the Water and Infrastructure Advisor, the Water and Infrastructure Officer will support ongoing implementation works in the six counties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support Local Implementing Partners in mapping and preparation of requisite documentation including, designs, drawings and bills of quantities for water and livestock infrastructure for sub grants.
- Supervise and inspect construction/rehabilitation works of water and other livestock infrastructure to ensure compliance with sub award specifications.
- Review implementation schedules in line with Sub-award conditions to ensure timely delivery of outputs and closeout of Sub-award under implementation by Local Implementing Partners (LIPs).
- Supervise and monitor ongoing capacity building activities of Water Users Associations (WUAs) on a regular basis.
- Verify completion of rehabilitated water and livestock infrastructure works.
- Bachelor’s degree in preferable Civil or Agricultural Engineering
- Demonstrate minimum 3 year post qualification experience in design and construction supervision of water and livestock production, marketing and processing infrastructure.
- Understanding of livestock value chain
- Experience in capacity building of water users associations community based
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be eager to work in village locations. Seventy-five percent of time will be spent outside of the office.
Interested candidates should apply through the link: https://lol.avature.net/Careers/SearchJobs/Kenya no later than Friday July 22, 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.