Vacancy: Production Manager
Job Ref: PM/1
About our client: Our client is a high quality leather manufacturer, based in Nairobi with international outlets.
They are looking for a Production Manager who will be in charge of the production process including supporting the product design team during the design.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for overseeing the operations and planning to support production growth within the division of the artisans.
- Responsible for quality control and total management of the work shop
- In charge of receiving emails and taking orders, cutting out the leather and designing with approval of the Directors
- Ensure all orders and supplies are delivered on time
- Client invoicing
- Ensuring clients timely payment prior to shipping
- Coordinate shipment of all the orders for beads and leather.
- Plan departmental priorities to align with organisation by ensuring smooth and effective execution with team members.
- Troubleshoot challenges and escalate more serious issues to the Director.
- Monitor progress, milestones and priorities; track action items and identify process improvements.
- Manage the local artisans production
Qualifications and personal attributes required
- A high level of detail is required for this position – you must be extremely detail oriented and HIGHLY efficient.
- You need to be able to handle many moving parts at the same time
- You will be a self starter and be able to work completely unsupervised.
- Trust is a major requirement for this position.
- Experience in production management will be added advantage
- Must have an entrepreneurial mind and approach to things
- Must be able to quickly think on their feet and make sound decisions
- Must be able to understand and speak Kiswahili, as well as have excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- IT proficient
- Systems and processes are key
- Time management is key
- Proactive and highly organised
- Must be very energetic
This position would suit a candidate with long term experience of working in Kenya in a similar environment.
Creativity would be an added advantage.
Previous experience of working with Masai artisans would be a great advantage.
Remuneration / Benefits: An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience
Send your CV in word format, with a recent photograph of yourself embedded in the top right hand corner.
Attach an application letter demonstrating how your skills, experience and qualifications are transferrable to the position.
All documentation is to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your e mail.
ONLY short listed candidates will be contacted