part of our continued growth and team strengthening, we are looking for
self-motivated, qualified, competent, seasoned and talented
professionals capable of operating in a fast paced and demanding
environment in the following positions:-
Directorate: Company Secretary
- Legal Fraternity
- Nairobi City County
- Regulatory Bodies
- Assist in the provision of company secretarial services to the Board of Directors;
- Provide legal advice and ensure compliance with legal and statutory requirements;
- Prepare and review various agreements, deeds, leases, and other legal papers;
- Research on relevant statutes, rulings and precedents to be used as a basis for answering requests for legal opinions;
- Liaise with other departments in managing legal matters;
- Handle all legal matters including litigations in liaison with external lawyers;
- Maintain a comprehensive database of all legal matters with up to date progress and ensure quarterly data/trend analysis;
- Review and formulate legal policies, procedures and regulations;
- Review recent legislation, court cases, correspondence and publications pointing out key matters for management action;
- Attend court as and when required to;
- Assist the Company Secretary in ensuring that the department complies with ISO requirements;
- Assist the Company Secretary in ensuring proper risk management and control within the company;
- Ensure quarterly evaluation of external lawyers;
- Ensure the department conducts annual customer perception surveys.
- Possession of LLB degree from a recognized university;
- An advocate of the High Court of Kenya with a current Practicing Certificate;
- A registered member of the Law Society of Kenya in good standing;
- Have a minimum of 5 years post admission experience in a busy legal environment;
- Being a registered CPS (K) member of the Institute of Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya in good standing shall be an added advantage.
- Strong management, negotiation and report writing skills;
- Computer literacy and familiarity with standard office computer applications;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
you are the right person we are looking for, send your application in
confidence clearly indicating the names and contacts of three referees,
one of whom must be a current or former Employer.
The envelope should be sealed and properly labeled on top with the job code of the position for which you are applying.
Nairobi City Water and Sewerage Company Ltd,
Kampala Road, Off Enterprise Road, Industrial Area,
P.O. Box 30656-00100,
Nairobi – Kenya.
The deadline for submission of applications is 4 p.m. Friday 29 July 2016.
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification
Nairobi City Water and Sewerage Company is an equal opportunity employer