Directorate: Company Secretary
- Legal Fraternity
- Nairobi City County
- Regulatory bodies
- Preparing and reviewing legal contracts, deeds, leases, and other legal papers of a routine nature;
- Researching on relevant statutes, rulings and precedents to be used as a basis for answering requests for legal opinions;
- Handling all legal matters including litigations in liaison with external lawyers;
- Providing legal advice and ensure compliance with legal and statutory requirements;
- Maintaining a comprehensive database of all legal matters with up to date progress;
- Reviewing and formulating legal policies, procedures and regulations;
- Reviewing recent legislation, court cases, correspondence and publications pointing out matters of note or which necessitate management action;
- Liaising with other departments in managing legal matters;
- Assisting in the provision of company secretarial duties to the Board of Directors as and when the need arises;
- Attending court and relevant registries as and when required to;
- Conducting legal awareness and education to company staff;
- Attending meetings within and outside the company premises on behalf of the company;
- Employing Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) procedures in resolving disputes affecting the company.
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree from a recognized university;
- An advocate of the High Court of Kenya with a current Practicing Certificate;
- A registered member of the Law Society of Kenya in good standing;
- Have a minimum of 3 years post-admission experience in a busy legal department/environment.
- Strong management, negotiation and report writing skills;
- Computer literacy and familiarity with standard office computer applications;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
If you are the right person we are looking for, send your application in confidence clearly indicating the names and contacts of three referees, one of whom must be a current or former Employer.
The envelope should be sealed and properly labeled on top with the job code of the position for which you are applying.
Nairobi City Water and Sewerage Company Ltd,
Kampala Road, Off Enterprise Road, Industrial Area,
P.O. Box 30656-00100,
Nairobi – Kenya.
The deadline for submission of applications is 4 p.m. Friday 29 July 2016.
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification
Nairobi City Water and Sewerage Company is an equal opportunity employer