Our client a leading group of Lodges is currently seeking to hire a Lodge General Manager
The Lodge Manager is responsible for maintaining the smooth operation of a remote Lodge Locations.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Be readily approachable and available to all guests while extending professionalism and courtesy at all times
- Be involved in community and/or government affairs.
- Communicate all goals and results with associates.
- Recognize good team performance on a continuous basis through reward and recognition programs.
- Ensure orientations and training for new team members are thorough and completed in a timely fashion.
- Achieve budgeted revenue and profit goals, balancing cost with guest satisfaction.
- Maximize revenue through the Yield Management and inventory control systems.
- Assist in developing annual budget and capital expenditure plans.
- Develop and communicate selling strategies utilizing forecasting tools and with the Director of Sales.
- Communicate competitive market conditions to team supervisors and Regional Management.
- Review inventory controls and selling strategies daily.
- Continually solicit new business for the hotel.
- Assist the Director of Sales and team with preparing the annual revenue budget and annual marketing plan.
- Maintain rapport with competitor lodges/ luxury resorts, lead sources, clients, and the local community.
- Review month/period end reports.
- Ensure a safe working environment in compliance with OSHA standards.
- Audit to ensure guest rooms, public spaces, grounds, work and kitchen areas meet sanitation and cleanliness standards.
- Interview and select potential new hires utilizing job descriptions and other tools available.
- Use constructive coaching and counseling when addressing associates concerns.
- Be proactive and make sure that all of the information, tools, equipment, and supplies needed for job are available
- Understand different guest expectations and adjust to exceed these expectations.
- Take responsibility for following through and ensuring that all requests are met with a solution or an answer that exceeds expectations
- Bachelor’s Degree Hospitality Management or related field
- 7+ years’ Lodge hosting experience in remote locations with 3 year in leadership position
- Well-traveled and familiar with different cultures, taste and preferences
- Must be very knowledgeable with various foreign cuisines
Qualified & interested candidates to share their CVs via email@example.com CC firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 19th July, 2016.
Note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted