- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing checks.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintains historical records by microfilming and filing documents.
- Disburses petty cash by recording entry; verifying documentation.
- Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- At least CPA 1-2.
- At least 1-2 years experience in an accounting field.
- Female candidates preferred.
- Must be 25 years and above.
- Tracking budget expenses experience.
- Attention to Detail.
- Analytical skills.
- Vendor Relationships.
- PC Proficiency.
- Data Entry Skills.
- General Math Skills.
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2296”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2296, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.
Deadline for receiving applications: 12th July 2016
N.B.* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over email or SMS. The test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.
|Company / Organization||
|Job Opening Date||
|Job Expiry Date||
Duma Works is recruiting an Accounts Clerk for one of our clients; a logistics company licensed to carry out clearing and forwarding services, imports, transit, transport, warehousing and general commission agents.