Position: Logistics Coordinator
Overall Purpose of the Job: Coordinate logistical and reverse logistical functions for chick distribution.
This will include acquisition, distribution, internal allocation, delivery, recycling, reuse, and final disposal of resources.
Communicate chick transportation information to customers or suppliers, using electronic freight information systems, to improve efficiency, speed and quality of transportation services.
Reporting directly to the Technical Manager – Hatchery, the Logistics Coordinator’s key focus areas are as follows:
- Optimal transportation modes, routing, equipment and frequency
- Customer Service
- People Development
- Cost Management
- Establish and monitor specific supply chain-based performance measurement systems.
- Create policies and procedures for logistics activities.
- Train and develop logistics personnel in roles and responsibilities regarding logistics strategies.
- Develop reports, process documentation and customer service logs.
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports, exports and customer issues.
- Participate in carrier management processes, such as selection, qualification, and performance evaluation for your personnel
- Monitor chick distribution processes to ensure compliance with regulatory and legal requirements.
- Ensure carrier compliance with company policies and procedures for product transit and delivery.
- Direct distribution center operation to ensure achievement of cost, productivity, accuracy, and timeliness objectives & negotiate transportation rates and services.
- Design models for use in evaluating logistics programs and services.
- Negotiate with suppliers and customers to improve supply chain efficiency and sustainability.
- Recommend purchase of new or improved technology, such as automated systems.
- Develop risk management programs to ensure continuity of supply in emergency scenarios.
- Plan and implement improvements to internal and external logistics systems and processes.
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems and processes, such as customer sales, order management, accounting and shipping.
- Analyze the financial impact of proposed logistics changes.
- Analyze all aspects of corporate logistics to determine the most cost-effective or efficient means of transporting products or supplies.
Experience & Background Needed
- Degree / Dipoma in Mechanical Engineering and or Transport Management
- Good level of technical skills in IT / Communications
- Experience in a busy logistics firm, handling fleet of trucks
- Effective people management skills
- Ability to perform at a high level, constantly with proven experience
- Effective project management
- Computer literate
- Being analytical and strategic
- Good leadership skills
- Ability to make concrete and effective decisions
- Motivating staff
Send your CV to email@example.com