Overall Purpose: The role is responsible for supporting the sales department through providing total coverage of all appropriate training needs.
About M-KOPA Solar: M-KOPA Solar, headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, is the global leader of “pay-as-you-go” energy for off-grid customers.
The success of M-KOPA (M= mobile, KOPA= to borrow) stems from making solar products affordable to low-income households on a pay-per-use installment plan. Customers acquire solar systems for a small deposit and then purchase daily usage “credits” for Kshs 50, or less than the price of traditional kerosene lighting. After one year of payments customers own their solar systems outright and can upgrade to more power.
All revenues are collected in real-time via mobile money systems (such as M-PESA in Kenya) and embedded GSM sensors in each solar system allow M-KOPA to monitor real time performance and regulate usage based upon payments. This connected design means that M-KOPA is processing vast amounts of data (i.e. over 10,000 mobile payments per day) via the company’s proprietary cloud platform, M-KOPAnet.
As of January 2016 M-KOPA employs over 700 full time staff across East Africa and sells through a network of over 1,000 direct sales agents. It has also commenced licensing its technology to partners in other markets.
M-KOPA has been recognised for its pioneering business mode and scale, notably winning the 2015 Zayed Future Energy Prize, being selected as the top New Energy Pioneer at the 2014 Bloomberg New Energy Finance awards and earning the 2013 FT/IFC Excellence in Sustainable Finance Award.
M-KOPA has also successfully tested a range of new products that leverage its relationship with customers, and M-KOPA’s unique competencies in mobile telecommunications and ICT.
- Evaluating training requirements for the sales department, consulting with departmental head and HR.
- Designing training curriculum to facilitate meeting departmental goals.
- Developing and maintaining training material to the highest standards.
- Ensure that all members of staff, new and existing, within the sales department are trained to an appropriate level.
- To maintain effective communication and knowledge transfer with the sales team
- Organizing the training including: determining training schedules, venues, facilities and supporting other trainer in training.
- Managing the training operations budget to ensure maximum return on investments.
- Developing training impact assessment methodology and implementing within set timelines
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training and modify materials as appropriate.
- Preparing Training Reports
- Good understanding of adult learning techniques
- Effective communication skills, leadership and time management skills
- Formal training qualification is desirable
- Computer literacy
- Minimum of 1 year in a training role
- Experience of working within a sales environment is desirable
- Experience of communicating at all levels up to and including senior management
- Experience of designing, delivering and maintaining training materials.
Please Note: M-KOPA, as a policy, does not collect/charge any money as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement. This means that we never ask for ‘recruitment fees’, ‘processing fees’, ‘interview fees’ or any other kind of money in exchange for offer letters or interviews at any time during the hiring process.
Due to the large number of applications received by us, we regret that you will not be contacted unless you are short listed for the post and invited for an interview. Therefore, if you have not heard from M-KOPA within 4 weeks of the date of the deadline your application, you should assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
This measure has been taken in the interests of efficiency and cost effectiveness and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.